Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
X-Plan for newbie

For general PRICING INFO, CHECK HERE.

To calculate X-Plan Pricing:
Invoice minus (0.4% of Invoice) + $275 Dealer Fee

UPDATE:
You don't have to wait for the MCA to send you the Partner Code.

Here is a BlueOvalForum posting by DarkeRetribution that explains how to get your X-Plan PIN today:

Okay. I am creating this thread because this form exists and anyone posting here is either requesting an X-Plan Pin or has some to give. Unfortunately, not many people seem to have them to give and too many people are asking for them..So, I've decided to share my solution for anyone requesting an X-Plan Pin. You can get one in as little as 5 minutes if you follow my instructions below. This will get you X-Plan Pin's for yourself and for members in your household (or to give away yourselves)

Sound cool? Mystified? Good! You should be. Just follow the steps I mention below and you shouldn't get lost, it's easy! Let's get started:

So how does this work? How am I going to get X-Plan Pins when I don't work for a company that gives them out or know anyone who can give me one?
  • Well, there are other ways to get X-Plan Pins such as being apart of a membership group that offers them to their members. That is the key method this thread will discuss. Mustang Club of America (MCA) offers free X-Plan Pins to their members and becoming a member is quick, easy, and best of all worthwhile. You don't have to like mustangs, you don't have to buy a mustang, you don't even have to know what a mustang is to join this club. You just need to join it, be a member and out of all their membership perks, you only care about getting your X-Plan Pin. Now before you groan and say, "What?!?! I have to join something?! I'm leaving" Read the steps below first because it really isn't as big an issue as you may be thinking. But if you do want to leave right now, there will be plenty of X-Plan Pins for everyone else and good luck getting one illegally or by depending on strangers!
STEP ONE

Go to the Mustang Club of America (MCA) website and join the MCA! A one year membership is just $50. YES $50. I'm sorry but you will have to invest $50 bucks in order to save up to $3000+ on your new vehicle.

http://www.mustang.o...-MCA-Membership

STEP TWO

Now that you are an official member go to Ford Partner and enter the MCA's Partner code. It is MC405. You will be entered into the X-Plan Partner Recognition website. Click "Generate My Pin" You will then be able to generate pins for yourself or for someone in your household. You can even generate pins for your business.

https://www.fordpartner.com

THAT'S IT! It's that easy. Were you expecting something more complicated? Anyone can get X-Plan Pins who wants them. Just follow the two steps above and you're good to go. Now, out of the kindness of my heart there are a couple things I want to share with you before you go on your merry way (fine print)
  • You may think yourself clever to opt out of Step one and go directly to Step two. Generating X-Plan Pins without a Mustang Club of America membership is risky. If your dealer is smart they will ask for your membership information, papers, or to view your membership card...if you don't have that your X-Plan Pin will be rejected. Save yourself the heartache, save yourself the trouble, and save yourself the time AND money off your new car by joining the MCA for $50 so you are legally in the system and you will have NO problems using your X-Plan Pins. $50 to save thousands is as good as it gets.
  • The TECHNICAL X-Plan requirement for getting pins through membership services is to have a [60-Day minimum membership] in order for your pins to be valid. Since your $50 is for a 12-month (365 days) membership you qualify.
  • Requesting X-Plan pricing is something you are supposed to do BEFORE your vehicle is ordered. Waiting until the last minute to tell your dealer you want to pay with X-Plan Pins gives them subject to deny your request. So those of you picking up your car months after it was ordered, next week, or tomorrow... Make sure you speak to your dealer immediately. They have every right to deny you and say no. BUT with little effort you can easily convince a dealer to accept your pin just by swaying them. Tell them you have called around and other Fords are taking X-Plan pins for this vehicle and you are prepared to work with one of them if this dealer doesn't accept it. Your dealer should change his mind because he doesn't want to lose your business for something small he knows he can (and probably should) accept even though its "late" or the vehicle is in high demand.
That's all I want to say for now. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or comments. I'll be answering based on experience, not assumptions as this worked for me to get $2850 off my new 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I really wanted a pin and no one was giving them so I took matters into my own hand. If for some reason you can't afford a $50 MCA membership, but you can afford a new $15K+ car then I hope you find a pin some other way! X-Plan pricing is amazing!
3. PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY

For employees of eligible partner companies, you must provide a recent pay stub, company I.D., W-2 or company healthcare card. All are acceptable items to verify employment. (Note: business cards will not be accepted as proof of employment). The dealership must list the company or organization's name on the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement.
For residents in the same household as the eligible employee/retiree, driver’s licenses’ will be required for proof of residence.
For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership.

Meaning the membership must last (NOT EXIST) for at least 60 days. I.E. MCA membership is good for at least a year, when you present your MCA card it is proof of eligibility by it's expiration date (because even if you use it the day it expires you still were a member for more than 60 days (1 year))

Think of it like a gym membership: You join the MCA gym for 1 month and quit no X-Plan for you! Stick with it for 2 months you get rewarded with X-Plan.

-------------

So, if I am not mistaken I can get X-Plan pricing for buying a $50 membership to the MCA. I hear whether or not this will be honored depends on the dealer. To me it sounds like once pricing info is released and it comes time to special order a new s550 I should join the MCA and find a dealer that will honor the MCA X-Plan pricing. Can any one comment on the correctness of this information / my plan of attack?

Thanks! :headbang:
Sponsored

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Just know that you have to have been a MCA member for at least 60 days before you can use the x-plan pricing. You can't sign up right before you buy and get the x-plan prices.

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT Premium PP
Just know that you have to have been a MCA member for at least 60 days before you can use the x-plan pricing. You can't sign up right before you buy and get the x-plan prices.
is there anything special you need after you join or do you just tell the dealership your an MCA member when you special order

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Join the MCA and wait 60 days, then MCA will provide you with up to two X-Plan codes a year. If you plan on buying within a year you might as well get the membership, it pays in more ways than one, too.

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT Premium PP
Join the MCA and wait 60 days, then MCA will provide you with up to two X-Plan codes a year. If you plan on buying within a year you might as well get the membership, it pays in more ways than one, too.
thanks man do they email these codes

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I forget exactly how they deliver the code, but when you put in a request for one they'll give you one pretty quick.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
X-plan pricing is not just exclusive to the MCA. There are other ways to get it as well. Ford itself has a "Friends and Family" plan. So, how ever you get your X-plan PIN, the goal is to find a dealer that will have the allocation and honor the plan. At this point, other than one person who posted on here about their dealer mentioning they had 2 spots allocated, I think there are is not a lot yet known about this.

Good luck!

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
X-plan pricing is not just exclusive to the MCA. There are other ways to get it as well. Ford itself has a "Friends and Family" plan. So, how ever you get your X-plan PIN, the goal is to find a dealer that will have the allocation and honor the plan. At this point, other than one person who posted on here about their dealer mentioning they had 2 spots allocated, I think there are is not a lot yet known about this.

Good luck!
What do you mean "spots allocated"? I have not yet heard that term in reference to the X-plan.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
What do you mean "spots allocated"? I have not yet heard that term in reference to the X-plan.
I believe he is referring to the dealer having so many Mustang "spots" allocated to order. The smaller the dealer the less allocations they have, the larger generally the greater, but not always. It probably depends on how many they have sold in the past to receive their allocation. In other words, if a dealer only has 2 initial Mustang "spots" allocated to them and 2 people have beat you to making their orders, you may have to wait until that dealer is given another Mustang allocation from Ford.

I could be wrong here, but I believe this is how it works. Check ahead with your dealer to see if they have been given Mustang allocations to order.

Hope that helps. :)

For some extra tips try this…

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I believe he is referring to the dealer having so many Mustang "spots" allocated to order. The smaller the dealer the less allocations they have, the larger generally the greater, but not always. It probably depends on how many they have sold in the past to receive their allocation. In other words, if a dealer only has 2 initial Mustang "spots" allocated to them and 2 people have beat you to making their orders, you may have to wait until that dealer is given another Mustang allocation from Ford.

I could be wrong here, but I believe this is how it works. Check ahead with your dealer to see if they have been given Mustang allocations to order.

Hope that helps. :)
Precisely it. My experience has been that sometimes dealers will take orders and based on how many they are able to order for a given time period, a person could be stuck waiting. I have encountered this the last time I was getting ready to order. So on the days the order banks open, you can place an order, but given the dealers usually don't hear about their allocations on the same timing, there is a bit more uncertainty in the wait.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
If they won't x plan it for you, find another dealer. Those still count towards allotments and helps them get more.

Baz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 V6 Pony Pkg
I haven't heard of a dealer which hasn't honored X Plan, and if they are then they are breaking their dealer franchise agreement with FoMoCo. It's a really easy and simple process, if it hasn't changed since I worked at FoMoCo last in 2007. Basically you have to contact your X-plan administrator, not sure who that is at MCA but X-Plan is also offered to partner companies so also check with your HR department, but that person will send you an email with a validation code and a weblink. Access the site and follow the setup and you will get your program code, as said limited to 2 per year. Take that code to any dealer, my advice just tell the sales guy upfront its a X-plan deal and they'll drop all the BS usually as it's the easiest sale we ever get. Remember prices in X-plan are preset, so there is no negotiating really and on average you are looking at $100 below invoice and all program prices are printed on the invoices. Also you still qualify for all special discounts like $500 off for veterans or any special coupons, I got my Mustang on D-Plan and still got to use all the special financing rates, cash back offers and even a $500 rebate I got from visiting the Ford booth at the NYIAS, this took my fully loaded 2007 V6 Premium Pony Package down to about 21,000, sticker was just short of 26,000. I will say, at $50 the MCA option seems like the easiest and best deal to get an X-Plan I've seen as the only other way is if your company is a participating member or you own a minimum of 100 shares of Ford type A stock. Along with the X-plan, Ford also offers a D-Plan which is offered to employees within Ford's dealer network and then the A-Plan which is offered to Ford Corporate employees, those who work directly for Ford such as in factory or corporate office.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Baz, actually it is up to the dealer weather to participate in x plan or not. Also, if they do elect to participate, only stuff on the lot and certain lines have to be, per ford. Mustang is not one of those lines. However most dealerships will do it as it increases their sales and allotments, and they have the opportunity to get your old car for trade in. Some will even xplan shelbies but usually only for certain customers.

Baz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 V6 Pony Pkg
SVTFreak, as I said this was how it went in 2007 and its possible things have changed. when I worked at the dealer we were told all dealers participate in x-plan and it would be counter-productive as you sent a sale to someone else. Remember this was at the time things were getting desperate but as the climate has changed its possible that attitudes have changed, but I still think passing up an x-plan sales is a horrible idea, they still make money in the end anyway. The program covers most cars except for any special offs or high premium models, like the GT500. Also if the car you want isn't in stock I never seen an issue where we wouldn't look around and try to swap for it with another dealer, I had to get my car going through a swap. Like I said this is how business was done around the NY tri-state area. Overall if you ask me, the ADXZ plans are the best perks you can get, I hate none of my employers since then are x-plan partners.
Sponsored