Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Can you send me the picture? I pm’ed you my email half an hour ago. I would really like to see what you’ve done.
Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Can you send me the picture? I pm’ed you my email half an hour ago. I would really like to see what you’ve done.
Yes..

Let me get home I started work at 11.00 o'clock us Pacific mate
That's why I wanted your email..

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pm’ed you my email. Suggestion: come join our Mustang Europe group on Facebook. We have taken everything related to Mustang to a new level. You can ask everything, get instant answers and get in touch with a fantastic group of people. A very dynamic group!

Wow mate

a forum that understands a turbo car and home to the 2.3 cosworth motor
( HOW RAD IS THAT) hell ya I'm going on Facebook to open up account

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Haha, do it, we have a great group. A lot of fun, a lot of interaction and answers to almost everything related to Mustang. There are a lot of members from the m6g forums. We invite people who live in other countries as well, not only in Europe.

I have received your email. Great car man, you ‘ve done a great job! And you live in a great place. It seems that you managed to combine all three (the stock solenoid, the DV+ and the fantastic little Boomba adapter) because you have a totally different setup (charge pipes and intake tube). In my case, the stock charge pipes and the Airaid Modular Intake Tube (even the stock intake tube) probably will not allow to combine all three. I will try but I doubt that I will make it. I am expecting the DV+ and the Tune+WGA in about 10 days, so I will let you know soon.

By the way, if you want to upload your photos, the maximum file size per picture allowed in the M6G forums is 781.3 KB. So try to resize them before you upload them. I use MS Paint to resize my photos, it's really easy. I would suggest that you try to upload your photos, it will be good for people who have subscribed in this thread to see what you 've done!

Last edited:

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha, do it, we have a great group. A lot of fun, a lot of interaction and answers to almost everything related to Mustang. There are a lot of members from the m6g forums. We invite people who live in other countries as well, not only in Europe.

I have received your email. Great car man, you ‘ve done a great job! And you live in a great place. It seems that you managed to combine all three (the stock solenoid, the DV+ and the fantastic little Boomba adapter) because you have a totally different setup (charge pipes and intake tube). In my case, the stock charge pipes and the Airaid Modular Intake Tube (even the stock intake tube) probably will not allow to combine all three. I will try but I doubt that I will make it. I am expecting the DV+ and the Tune+WGA in about 10 days, so I will let you know soon.

By the way, if you want to upload your photos, the maximum file size per picture allowed in the M6G forums is 781.3 KB. So try to resize them before you upload them. I use MS Paint to resize my photos, it's really easy. I would suggest that you try to upload your photos, it will be good for people who have subscribed in this thread to see what you 've done!

I would but so many na saying that sometimes it takes the fun out of it ,and being bullied by some that don't understand the motor in this thread ..by the way I had that motor in my Mercury Capri Ghia from Germany 2.3 cosworth motor out of a ford merkur xr4ti ford cosworth clone what a motor . I could never killed it , and handled everything I threw at it.... Hay you can do the write up you have the photos and send you the video of the sound..

Could place photo on the other thread ( ty) mate

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
^You’re in Justin! Thanks for joining. We look forward to your contribution.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I would but so many na saying that sometimes it takes the fun out of it ,and being bullied by some that don't understand the motor in this thread ..by the way I had that motor in my Mercury Capri Ghia from Germany 2.3 cosworth motor out of a ford merkur xr4ti ford cosworth clone what a motor . I could never killed it , and handled everything I threw at it.... Hay you can do the write up you have the photos and send you the video of the sound..

Could place photo on the other thread ( ty) mate
[MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] I am uploading on your behalf the photos that you sent me, so that other people can see how you combined the Boomba Racing Adapter, the GFB DV+ and the stock solenoid. Thank you for your contribution! Great car! Please send the video of the sound if you can. And come join our group on Facebook!

Let me remind to the other members that, as per my post above, what [MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] has achieved is probably not possible with the stock intake tube (or the Airaid MIT that I have on my car) and the stock charge pipe, because everything is too tight. But I will report back on that when I will have received my own DV+ in a few days.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should be either 1 or 2.

After reading through the thread I think the comparison is clear:
Electrical: better MPG when cruising since no boost built, but some noise due to continuous venting
Mechanical: more restrictive exhaust when cruising which leads to less MPG, but better recovery speed

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Sounds about right I gained 3mpg on a road trip today from Vancouver to Chambers bay wa. Roughly 430 miles just shy of full take off gas with a Vargas 2 turbo . I did have a gfb dv+ and Bomba adaptor stack with no leaking issue the response was amazing boost not wasted and throttle response faster of line and between gears. I would suggest if you have Bomba adaptor in place save some money do my mod..

Data logging boost held 25psi to red line in stock form it would only hold 22psi to red line so if I look at it ,that to me is 40hp gain top of red line .
if my math is right 1 psi x 7% = 40hp gain so it is add on part..:first:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might wanna get that rag you have wrapped around that hose outta there before you drive it. Never know where something like that might wind up. :D
Not a rag..

Heat tape for wrapping headers to keep the turbo from heating my air in charge pipes and intercooler every race car has it in some form bad ass stuff Made of fiberglass you better wear gloves when handling it..

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Sounds about right I gained 3mpg on a road trip today from Vancouver to Chambers bay wa. Roughly 430 miles just shy of full take off gas with a Vargas 2 turbo . I did have a gfb dv+ and Bomba adaptor stack with no leaking issue the response was amazing boost not wasted and throttle response faster of line and between gears. I would suggest if you have Bomba adaptor in place save some money do my mod..

Data logging boost held 25psi to red line in stock form it would only hold 22psi to red line so if I look at it ,that to me is 40hp gain top of red line .
if my math is right 1 psi x 7% = 40hp gain so it is add on part..:first:
You have a Vargas 2 turbo? I told you, you have a great setup man! I guess the big turbo explains the 25 psi, right?

Also does the rough estimation of 1 psi gain = 7% hp gain stand?

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have a Vargas 2 turbo? I told you, you have a great setup man! I guess the big turbo explains the 25 psi, right?

Also does the rough estimation of 1 psi gain = 7% hp gain stand?

Stock turbo held me to 25 psi and even to 27 just ran out of gas at red line ,and now bigger turbo can have it all threw rev range . I have to be careful when answering this because there are other factors like cold air can throw you off by a little but this is a rough guess tool without a dyno.

1psi = base# x 7%= is your gain without dyno it is a rough number used by many in the engine industry for calculation of hp.without a dyno.:cheers:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock turbo held me to 25 psi and even to 27 just ran out of gas at red line ,and now bigger turbo can have it all threw rev range . I have to be careful when answering this because there are other factors like cold air can throw you off by a little but this is a rough guess tool without a dyno.

1psi = base# x 7%= is your gain without dyno it is a rough number used by many in the engine industry for calculation of hp.without a dyno.:cheers:
15 psi would double the potential hp of the motor, as atmospheric air pressure is ~15psi, so adding an additional 15psi of boost is actually 30psi of Absolute pressure, twice the air. Engines make hp based on how much air and fuel they can run through them, and how much energy can be extracted from each pound of air that runs through the engine.

So 5psi would be about 33% increase in power, 10psi would be 66% increase, 15psi would be 100%. This is very basic rule of thumb for estimation, but it comes very close to predicting power.

Bottom line, X psi =/= X hp
X psi = +% of base HP

atmospheric air pressure is ~14.7 for easy math I used 15
Sponsored