Whipple belt chirp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I agree, their customer service has been really good. My only complaint is the one person that needs to send me a new voucher has not, and I have made attempts since August/September.

But, any and every issue I have had (minus the belt squeals was just a bad IAT2 sensor) they have not questioned the validity of the problem or tried arguing that it is not their problem.

There is no doubt that customer service and customer satisfaction is a top priority of theirs.
I would call and ask for Jeff he handles the calibrations and such, he will take care of you ASAP.
Sponsored

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2.9L Whipple S/C
That is who I have been waiting on. The first time I contacted them about it, I was told to e-mail him immediately so he could get it to me and not forget before they left for the weekend. I did, never got a reply, and called right before they closed and could not get ahold of him.

I have e-mailed Dustin about the voucher, he copied Jeff to get me a new voucher, I have responded to that e-mail twice looking for an update on what I can do to get it, but no reply. I am not upset by this, but I can only ask so many times before I just feel like i'm being too annoying.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I emailed Jeff and had my voucher number within 3 hours. He was also available a couple times today when I goofed something up and was very helpful. It is possible that some emails go to spam folders and never get seen.

Just give them a call

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Is this a solution for the 10-rib as well?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I agree, their customer service has been really good. My only complaint is the one person that needs to send me a new voucher has not, and I have made attempts since August/September.

But, any and every issue I have had (minus the belt squeals was just a bad IAT2 sensor) they have not questioned the validity of the problem or tried arguing that it is not their problem.

There is no doubt that customer service and customer satisfaction is a top priority of theirs.
Please email me and I'll get the voucher handled. [email protected]

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I installed the new billet tensioner this morning and the results are not good. My previous problem was with belt alignment as it was not running parallel, I put the new tensioner on and fired up the car and the belt immediately started squeaking which it didn't do before. I noticed right away that the belt skipped 1 rib forward on the supercharger pulley I shut the car off and re positioned the belt fired it up again and the same result. The previous belt alignment issue still exists and now I've got 2 additional problems I will take some pic's and post them up tonight. There is a problem with the depth of the spacer supplied with the tensioner, that is the only explanation for the belt skipping forward 1 rib and the belt squeal is related to the same issue as the belt is being forced forward.

Has anyone else installed the new tensioner yet ? Please provide you feedback.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
New tensioner installed.
20170112_092853.jpg

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
New tensioner installed.
The tensioner spacing is exactly the same with the NEW step spacer. Did you use the supplied step spacer?

You can put both tensioners on a flat surface with dowel pins hanging off, hold the spacers on and you will see the the surface where the bearing mounts lines up exactly. The spacer from the back surface to the bearing mounting surface is now .390".

You would get faster and much better info if you email me directly, I'm not on the forum every day but get emails at all hours.
Tensioner Assembly_2.jpg

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The tensioner spacing is exactly the same with the NEW step spacer. Did you use the supplied step spacer?

You can put both tensioners on a flat surface with dowel pins hanging off, hold the spacers on and you will see the the surface where the bearing mounts lines up exactly. The spacer from the back surface to the bearing mounting surface is now .390".

You would get faster and much better info if you email me directly, I'm not on the forum every day but get emails at all hours.
I used the supplied hardware as you can't use the old spacer anyways it's too long. I will go home tonight and take it all apart an measure some things out, the only change was the tensioner and now the belt is riding forward 1 rib ? Don't take this as a negative I just wanted to know if anyone else has tried it out yet, I will let you know what I find thanks.

agrump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustange GT Premium PP
Has anyone else installed the new tensioner yet ? Please provide you feedback.
I broke a belt last week and Whipple sent out a replacement to get me going again. I wasn't expecting a new tensioner but received one today as well. My old one was cocked sideways a bit causing the belt to ride on the very back of the idlers on either side of the tensioner. With the new billet one, the belt runs right down the middle of the idler toward the supercharger. However the belt still runs on the back of the idler between the tensioner and the factory dampener. Still it is much better then it was. Another thing I noticed is that there seems to be less rattling at idle. I'm pleased with it.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I broke a belt last week and Whipple sent out a replacement to get me going again. I wasn't expecting a new tensioner but received one today as well. My old one was cocked sideways a bit causing the belt to ride on the very back of the idlers on either side of the tensioner. With the new billet one, the belt runs right down the middle of the idler toward the supercharger. However the belt still runs on the back of the idler between the tensioner and the factory dampener. Still it is much better then it was. Another thing I noticed is that there seems to be less rattling at idle. I'm pleased with it.
Does your belt walk fore and aft when the car is running ? and when you look from the passenger side does the belt run parallel to the water pump ? If you have 3 idlers above the tensioner and the belt is riding at the back on 1 and riding forward or in the middle on the others there is an alignment issue. Curious how long you have been running the car with that alignment issue, you said you snapped a belt have you determined why that happened ?