Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Interesting .... my EB has always had what I would describe inconsistent throttle response. Bout 15k on my ford tune as well, but car has always done it since it was new.

Poor belt tension leading to low output from the alternator at partial throttle eh? Hmm I will have to go take a look at mine. Glad it fixed your problem, but I have my doubts.... lol. Hell if it fixes it ill eat a sparkplug.
How that spark plug taste ? :headbonk:
Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
I can see the paper yellow conical filter is not available for resale, which filter are you guys buying the dry cotton M-9601-G?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I can see the paper yellow conical filter is not available for resale, which filter are you guys buying the dry cotton M-9601-G?
Do a search on GT350 filter, it is Motorcraft W0133-2118201 Air Filter. Parts Geek has it for $15.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Has anyone had a problem with a scan tool not being able to identify their vehicle after the FP tune? I took mine in for an unrelated matter to my Ford dealer service department, and when they plugged into my port with two different scan tools, neither one was able to identify my car VIN. Even after manually putting in the VIN, they still could not get the tool to recognize/find my car. They were completely unable to diagnose anything at all because of this.

Has anyone else had this happen; and if so, found a fix?

Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do a search on GT350 filter, it is Motorcraft W0133-2118201 Air Filter. Parts Geek has it for $15.
I don't know how you found that number but I did multiple searches on GT350 filters and could not find it. I suppose that is the way to go, can't beat paper filtration efficiency over life of the engine.

mrasdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB15
How often are we expected to change the paper filter that comes the FP Tune?

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How often are we expected to change the paper filter that comes the FP Tune?
Typically it depends on your driving conditions and mileage driven, what I like to do is rotate and dust off the filter every few weeks to even out wear on the point of entry where it gets a concentration of dirt and dust.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
FP has the blue replacement filter too.

Sponsored

16RubyRed

S550Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang Ecoboost
Had the FP tune and CAI installed at Galpin Auto Sports Van Nuys, CA on Friday place is awesome and they did a great job. Charged $679 for kit and $135 install. It took less than and hour for the installation. Noticed torque gains almost immediately but I still have some turbo lag. I have put about 200 miles on the vehicle so far and have done a few 0-60 runs and they sucked. Prior to the FP tune I was getting anywhere from 6.2 - 6.9 seconds. Now I am getting like 7.3 - 8.1 seconds with serious turbo lag on take off and I am not sure why, maybe tune is still learning the octane. I have always used 91 octane in my vehicle so it seems strange. Today I did a speed limiter check and I am still limited at 121 mph I read on this thread that others noticed the speed limiter was increased.

Should I be concerned that maybe I am feeling the gains of the new intake and the tune is not installed. They performed the tune using my laptop and the screen showed "Successfully Programmed". The file name in the ProCal3\Cal folder is "GR3A-SEMM2A-CCB_MyVinNnumber_14F6.pc3".

trumpetpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Trade

Anyone have experience/suggestions for what to do when you trade in? Should you tell dealership?

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Today I did a speed limiter check and I am still limited at 121 mph I read on this thread that others noticed the speed limiter was increased.
How do you check your speed limiter setting?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
How do you check your speed limiter setting?
One way I know of... it is a multi-step process.

1. Find long empty road

2. Floor it until it stops climbing

3. Hope you don't hit a deer or family of 5 in a mini van

Alternatively, you could find a track and do step 2.

Unleashed tune was not limited... the FP tune seems to be limited.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Anyone have experience/suggestions for what to do when you trade in? Should you tell dealership?
I took my car in to see how much I could get for it... I never said anything. I figure the person writing it up would know since they are experienced.

Not like you have a 3rd party tune...

And I doubt they tell the next owners, even if you told them...
Sponsored