Not open for further replies.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
can somone please provide a link to order the NGK 6510 ?
Go to RockAuto.com and do a parts search. Type 6510 in the Part No. field and select NGK from the manufacturers drop down menu. If you prefer Amazon, just search NGK 6510 and it'll show up.

If you use Rock Auto, go to my original thread HERE and check out Post No. 4. There's a discount code and instructions on how to use it.

On Rock Auto before the discount:
NGK 6510 - $6.80
Denso ITV22 - $5.62

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

DEARBORN^ECOBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG EB PP
Go to RockAuto.com and do a parts search. Type 6510 in the Part No. field and select NGK from the manufacturers drop down menu. If you prefer Amazon, just search NGK 6510 and it'll show up.

If you use Rock Auto, go to my original thread HERE and check out Post No. 4. There's a discount code and instructions on how to use it.

On Rock Auto before the discount:
NGK 6510 - $6.80
Denso ITV22 - $5.62

thanks so much , big help and if i dont change them would i ruin my engine or any severe issue ? ( sorry im new to the car tunning game)

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
thanks so much , big help and if i dont change them would i ruin my engine or any severe issue ? ( sorry im new to the car tunning game)
No, it isn't going to ruin your engine, but it's just something extra inexpensive that you can do to help reduce the chance of something bad (detonation) happening. I talked a little about that in my thread I link you to.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
So far just JLT CAI and Bama tune (coming) for me. Should I be changing the plugs?
Can we re-gap the ones we have?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
So far just JLT CAI and Bama tune (coming) for me. Should I be changing the plugs?
Can we re-gap the ones we have?
You can re-gap the factory plugs, if you want. I always change my plugs with a tune for more peace of mind. Even Ford recommends two ranges colder with their FoST tunes, so it can't be too bad of an idea lol.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the Bama tune.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
You can re-gap the factory plugs, if you want. I always change my plugs with a tune for more peace of mind. Even Ford recommends two ranges colder with their FoST tunes, so it can't be too bad of an idea lol.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the Bama tune.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
I'll let you know about the Bama tune but it'll be a little bit. I'm ordering it and the JLT on Mon/Tues and not sure how long it'll take to ship. I'm guessing 2 weeks. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to put on the new tire/rims and I can make it a car day.

Sponsored

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Just to confirm before I purchase from Amazon, I want the NGK 6510 LTR7IX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plugs?

Also, is it plug and play for us on our engine, or did you guys that use these have to manually gap them?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Just to confirm before I purchase from Amazon, I want the NGK 6510 LTR7IX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plugs?

Also, is it plug and play for us on our engine, or did you guys that use these have to manually gap them?
There's only one 6510, so that should be correct. However, one of the NGK guys can confirm that.

My Denso plugs were gapped at 0.027, so I widened them slightly to 0.028. It's not bad at all. Just be patient and make sure they're right. [emoji6]

GoTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost PP
Are there torque specs available on the 2.3 for the spark plugs? Quick search and I couldn't find them. Thanks.

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
Has anyone experienced what they would suspect is spark blowout? I had some weird fuel cut issues today at wot around 5k rpm after uploading the MAP tune.... I just swapped the plugs and am going out to test in a few. I hope that was the issue. The factory plugs were gapped @ .30 .32 and looked fine.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Do you have good fuel in it? What's the oar at? I think maps tune is pretty aggressive,hopefully plugs fix it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.