Sponsored

2015 5.0 on Fire literally

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
go to SVTPerformance and search for "My car just caught on fire!" thread by user "impactblue". since I cant link it i'll just retype it here verbatim:

"My friend and I were driving down the road when all the sudden flames/sparks shot out between the seat and center consul[sic]. It looked like an upside down bottle rocket launching fire up. Scariest thing that has ever happened in my life and my eyes are burning from all the chemicals/smoke.

It got melted plastic up on the windshield and dashboard. All over my belongings."

I know this fire started in the engine bay, but cant get past the fact that both issues somehow involved the seats. The above was posted on 11-18-2014.

Sorry this happened OP and glad to see you are ok. Above poster ended up having to crawl out of his window of his car.
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes ford reimburses for warranty repairs but they have no part in the a bad job being done. That responsibility falls on the dealership. You clearly don't know how warranty works lol :headbonk: Ford's name is on the car but a crappy job by a mechanic is not their problem.

The story has always been fire under the hood but the actual work done was not identified until today. So far as anyone on here knew they could have replaced the entire fuel system and left it disconnected.
And those mechanics are trained by Ford (the specific training they get for Ford vehicles not being a mechanic which is schooling to be certified).

You cannot separate the dealership from Ford despite them being independently owned.

That is like saying you get bad food and very ill from a Subway and Subway corporation isn't responsible along with the store owner despite Subways are independently owned. All training and product came from the Subway company direct. All Ford training and parts come from Ford direct, same scenario.

DirtyPope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Wow that’s heart breaking. My cousin had a very similar thing happen to him, Ford actually replaced his engine under warranty and didn’t connect/tighten up the fuel lines properly on the way home went up in flames car was totalled he was very lucky it didn’t explode. You should really go off at the dealership. FREE Loan car while waiting for a new Mustang.
Free loan car? They shoud pay off your car and give u new one for free!! I would get a good lawyer and sue these scumbags from ford dealer. Im sure there was some 18 year old kid working on your car who just got promoted from changing oils.

Im glad u OK!

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
go to SVTPerformance and search for "My car just caught on fire!" thread by user "impactblue". since I cant link it i'll just retype it here verbatim:

"My friend and I were driving down the road when all the sudden flames/sparks shot out between the seat and center consul[sic]. It looked like an upside down bottle rocket launching fire up. Scariest thing that has ever happened in my life and my eyes are burning from all the chemicals/smoke.

It got melted plastic up on the windshield and dashboard. All over my belongings."

I know this fire started in the engine bay, but cant get past the fact that both issues somehow involved the seats. The above was posted on 11-18-2014.

Sorry this happened OP and glad to see you are ok. Above poster ended up having to crawl out of his window of his car.
its the same car.

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
So sorry to hear about the car just glad you are ok. Please keep us in the loop.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Free loan car? They shoud pay off your car and give u new one for free!! I would get a good lawyer and sue these scumbags from ford dealer. Im sure there was some 18 year old kid working on your car who just got promoted from changing oils.

Im glad u OK!
Owner/OP said no maintenance work on the engine or anything associated with the engine- seats and some paint defect is all. Sounds like a pure factory defect.

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
its the same car.

So he JUST NOW got the warranty work done from when his interior caught on fire almost 4 months ago? Not saying your wrong, but saying that's a long ass time for a fire in the car to get resolved

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
And those mechanics are trained by Ford (the specific training they get for Ford vehicles not being a mechanic which is schooling to be certified).

You cannot separate the dealership from Ford despite them being independently owned.

That is like saying you get bad food and very ill from a Subway and Subway corporation isn't responsible along with the store owner despite Subways are independently owned. All training and product came from the Subway company direct. All Ford training and parts come from Ford direct, same scenario.
Once again no. you can in fact separate the too. Ford is not responsible for a crappy DEALER mechanic end of story. You are over simplifying a very complex situation. Also, the relationship between a subway and subway corporate is completely different than that between Ford dealerships and Ford corporate.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Once again no. you can in fact separate the too. Ford is not responsible for a crappy DEALER mechanic end of story. You are over simplifying a very complex situation. Also, the relationship between a subway and subway corporate is completely different than that between Ford dealerships and Ford corporate.
And again what in the paint on the hood or the seats causes a fire under the hood.

"I'm ok. The vehicle was just picked up from a local dealership and I had the heated/cooled seats replaced on both sides. I also had a small hole that was on a seam weld on the hood looked at. They also did a windshield test... "

You totally gloss over the cause and effect portion of the issue. Just because I happened to be right before the cause was announced doesn't mean I wasn't right. :frusty: This is a stupid argument now. The dealership didn't touch the engine or anything that would affect the engine where the fire started by OP's own admission. Period.

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
I'm pretty sure that story was already proved as FUD and that kid dropped a lit cigar or something down there (or that the owner did) which started the fire and Ford refused any warranty replacement or repair (as most suspected he was lying by the photo evidence)

Possibly... I saw the thread was locked, but saw it when it was originally posted before it got out of hand, and didn't look to see what the outcome was from that particular scenario. If it was fake, I hope he got busted for insurance fraud since he attempted to make a claim

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So he JUST NOW got the warranty work done from when his interior caught on fire almost 4 months ago? Not saying your wrong, but saying that's a long ass time for a fire in the car to get resolved
Yeh I cannot imagine this is the same blue GT. That would be way too much coincidence to have 2 fires in the same car.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
And again what in the paint on the hood or the seats causes a fire under the hood.

"I'm ok. The vehicle was just picked up from a local dealership and I had the heated/cooled seats replaced on both sides. I also had a small hole that was on a seam weld on the hood looked at. They also did a windshield test... "

You totally gloss over the cause and effect portion of the issue.
You clearly glossed over both of my first 2 posts you quoted. The first was prior to the OP finally telling us what work was completed. I simply stated "before we know what was done don't jump to conclusions". The second pointed the flaws in your comment that Ford corporate is responsible for work done at the dealership. No where did I say whose fault it was or who is responsible simply that Ford is not responsible for a Ford dealers maintenance screw ups In general.

OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
Guys just to clarify there are 3 posts that I've read over the last day concerning fire with this particular vehicle.

1) on an SVT forum about an interior fire by the seat. This is a completely separate vehicle and owner.

2) there was another thread started by a fb friend of mind who has a 2015 on order and saw my pictures on fb and started the thread here.

3) is the thread u are reading now. Created by me.

Just wanted to clarify

As of now I am are waiting for an investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigblueGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue PP,
Very sorry to see this, glad you are ok, I wondering what dealer you just left, I just bought my Mustang on Wednesday night in Columbia, and I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about the place.
Sponsored