Sponsored

2015 5.0 on Fire literally

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I'll have the rear lights as it looks like the one's bound for the UK are horrible.
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I can't help but wonder… While I'm sure it will be "totaled" by the insurance company, is there ANYTHING than can be salvaged from the wreck? I mean, where do the "remains" go?

Yes definitely. Looks like the rear deck lid, wheels, lights are ok. Rear tires may be marshmallow after the fire though. But might be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
So at this point ford hasn't stepped up to the plate.

I will keep you guys updated once I know more. The insurance is investigating it now. The vehicle is legally still mine/bank and nothing has been settled.

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Sigh. Why am I not surprised. :tsk:

Why should they? There is no proof it was their fault it happened yet. Too many people jumping to conclusions with NO information.

Fwiw, the linked site shows not ready for sale yet so it probably won't be sold until insurance stuff is settled. Although, I doubt anyone will be able to figure out what happens considering the amount of damage there. Gonna be a tough case there no matter what.

I personally still think there is a whole lot of the story we don't know. No offense, OP, but you haven't given nearly enough information to even begin guessing. Now had you stated something like "I demodded" or something like that, that leads down roads to investigate. But you've said nearly nothing (which, btw, is VERY smart), and the dealership and ford won't say anything.

You're insurance is the one that should step up. They should cover it then persue proving what happened weather liability should fall on dealership, ford, or themselves. And, yes, I've been through scenario very similar before.

OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
Why should they? There is no proof it was their fault it happened yet. Too many people jumping to conclusions with NO information.

Fwiw, the linked site shows not ready for sale yet so it probably won't be sold until insurance stuff is settled. Although, I doubt anyone will be able to figure out what happens considering the amount of damage there. Gonna be a tough case there no matter what.

I personally still think there is a whole lot of the story we don't know. No offense, OP, but you haven't given nearly enough information to even begin guessing. Now had you stated something like "I demodded" or something like that, that leads down roads to investigate. But you've said nearly nothing (which, btw, is VERY smart), and the dealership and ford won't say anything.

You're insurance is the one that should step up. They should cover it then persue proving what happened weather liability should fall on dealership, ford, or themselves. And, yes, I've been through scenario very similar before.

I am reframing what exactly I post as it is an ongoing case and I don't even have any other information other then the vehicle is being investigated through the insurance.

I understand ford has no reason to get involved at this stage but I would think they would be working with the insurance to determine what caused the issue and burry the bad publicity.

Again, there were no modifications at all (aside from window tint)

I don't want this thread to turn into other threads that completely shift away from the OP. I value everyone's input and it was great to see how fast word spread about my vehicle and listening to everyone's input.

As soon as I know more I will post. I would imagine to have information beginning of next week

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange ecoboost
My wifes Cherokee caught fire in our driveway last month from a know issue that was on recall. Had it fixed a few weeks before this happened as well. I let the insurance fight to get their money back...its too much of a hassle to do it yourself. Insurance paid off the vehicle in full and we had a replacement a week later. We chose to move on quickly and not tie up time, money and no secondary vehicle and let insurance handle it all.

Best of luck on whatever you choose to do.
jeep2.jpg

OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
My wifes Cherokee caught fire in our driveway last month from a know issue that was on recall. Had it fixed a few weeks before this happened as well. I let the insurance fight to get their money back...its too much of a hassle to do it yourself. Insurance paid off the vehicle in full and we had a replacement a week later. We chose to move on quickly and not tie up time, money and no secondary vehicle and let insurance handle it all.

Wow. What year was it?

This is the process i am seeking also as I'm not hurt and I don't have interest to sue. Only get a replacement vehicle.

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. What year was it?

This is the process i am seeking also as I'm not hurt and I don't have interest to sue. Only get a replacement vehicle.

If I didn't have that lumber in there, it would have been in the garage and I wouldn't have had a reason to go outside and unload it. Who knows what would have happened...
My 16mo son and I were inside maybe 20 minutes from when we parked and when I came out and found it smoking like a chimney.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null

If I didn't have that lumber in there, it would have been in the garage and I wouldn't have had a reason to go outside and unload it. Who knows what would have happened...
My 16mo son and I were inside maybe 20 minutes from when we parked and when I came out and found it smoking like a chimney.

Well I'm glad no one was hurt!

Were you offered any sort of incentives from Jeep to repurchase?

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. Dealer wasnt too helpful. Went with a Acura RDX and that new payment was alot cheaper so it made room for me to afford the Mustang.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I am reframing what exactly I post as it is an ongoing case and I don't even have any other information other then the vehicle is being investigated through the insurance.

I understand ford has no reason to get involved at this stage but I would think they would be working with the insurance to determine what caused the issue and burry the bad publicity.

Again, there were no modifications at all (aside from window tint)

I don't want this thread to turn into other threads that completely shift away from the OP. I value everyone's input and it was great to see how fast word spread about my vehicle and listening to everyone's input.

As soon as I know more I will post. I would imagine to have information beginning of next week

I don't think there is any reason for Ford to get involved with the situation yet, legally at least. The insurance inspector will do their report with what they think caused the fire. If they blame Ford or some defect at the plant or repair at the dealership, then Ford will get involved and send an inspector to and make determinations and go from there.

If this is a "it just happened" kind of thing Ford won't get involved and the insurance will replace the car. It happens as it's a massed produced car. For example, a hose installed properly originally can slip off a fraction of an inch too loose clamp over time and say spray fuel on the engine causing a fire. It's very rare obviously but sometimes those kind of things just happen by no fault of anyone. This may just be it happened and no one could have prevented it kind of thing.

Ironcitysteelers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White GT
New cars are not suppose to catch fire. Period. When they do, it is the fault of the manufacture/dealership who indirectly works for said manufacture.

If there were mods, ok I'll wait to investigation is complete. There wasn't and unless tint is considered a combustible I think ford needs to step the f up. They obviously has similar issues with the ecoboost, why couldn't it also effect this car. Seems reasonable.

If you don't get answers, call your local news station investigation reporters. I'm sure they would love this kind of story. Big company, new great car, hiding something maybe, .....

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
New cars are not suppose to catch fire. Period. When they do, it is the fault of the manufacture/dealership who indirectly works for said manufacture.

If there were mods, ok I'll wait to investigation is complete. There wasn't and unless tint is considered a combustible I think ford needs to step the f up. They obviously has similar issues with the ecoboost, why couldn't it also effect this car. Seems reasonable.

If you don't get answers, call your local news station investigation reporters. I'm sure they would love this kind of story. Big company, new great car, hiding something maybe, .....

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. The system is in place and, per the op, is pursuing the proper course. They are investigating. They are the ones that should have already squared up with the OP.

You are presuming ford or the dealership is guilty already. Obviously it does seem as though one of them is, but it has to be proven before that one can be made to pay. There's no reason to start slandering both as you suggest he should do. Lest the op end up with a slander lawsuit slapped on him over it.

There is a system and its working. Right now, the insurance company of the OP has to do the right thing.
Sponsored