Sponsored

BackUp Camera Failure

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
70 miles on the odo and my backup camera has failed. I'm getting the 'Camera not available - please contact dealer' every time I reverse the car. Need to take it in (small complaint about an otherwise amazing car).

Has anyone had this issue?:frusty:
Sponsored

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
im 600 miles in and haven't had this issue once... so you should be good after the fix.

My gripe is... the backup camera "white lines" that predict the car's future position are so F'n annoying! just give me the solid green lines. Let me do the work.

the only pro... I LOVE how big the back-up camera is on the big screen in the dash!

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
you can turn off those 'future' lines. go through the settings on the radio... its somewhere in there.

Gt79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT'15 automatic magnetic
Reverse camera out already on new gt

Same here after 3,500 miles reverse camera blacked out. I have to now surrendered my car soon again. Right before this happened, my car was in the shop after the air conditioning went out suddenly. They fixed it, then went out again. Then they fixed it again. They took a week to fix it. So far it's working crossing my fingers. I'm upset that I'm worried as I drive MY NEW vehicle. The reason I'm buying a new vehicle is to not worry. Also my steering is not smooth at all returning from a left turn. Please tell me they can fix this stuff. I want to continue believing in mustang

Sponsored

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Update, i forgot to check back in the forum. The dealer fixed it in a few minutes a couple of days after I posted this. It was a simple software update. No glitches in the last 6 months since then (backup camera or anything) as one should expect with a new car.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm going to have to take mine in as well, the camera is really glitchy (picture scrolls, lines appear), and the screen has gone black on occasion. I will probably take it into the dealer, but I wonder if I should disconnect the 7 band equalizer I added to the stereo? The only thing it is hooked up to is tapped to the fuse box, piggybacking on a ground (which is the radio ground - I would think if it was bad the whole radio would have issues), and tapped into the factory amplifier.

I wouldn't think the back up camera would be hooked up to either that head unit ground, or the fuse I tapped (shouldn't affect it anyway), or the input wires of the speaker amplifier. But for the sake of sanity should i just put it back to stock so they don't try to find a reason to think it could cause the problem? They really shouldn't be looking in any of those spots anyway. It's just a pain in the butt to disconnect the wiring and put it back together - I'm lazy.

Gt79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT'15 automatic magnetic
Well they will try blaming you if you messed or how they told me had a small bucket w paper towels in the trunk that crunched the hanging thick group of wires that come down from the trunk door. I spent 4.5 hrs waiting for them not to really investigate my complaint. They said we moved the bucket over to the other side , problem solved and told me nothing is wrong. Wow, really? So I'm driving off the lot and the camera again does not work see dealership. I drive back. They confess saying well it didn't occur w :-( the 30mins they actually looked at my car because I cleared the timer before I gave my car over) us ,so we didn't really investigate. Then of course , we need you to leave your car again. The tech said it's probably a connection w the w wires and he needs to strip the cover of wires and check if there's a problem. Ugh, there mouths dropped because they were proven wrong in their face. They wanted to blame a light bucket in my trunk.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well they will try blaming you if you messed or how they told me had a small bucket w paper towels in the trunk that crunched the hanging thick group of wires that come down from the trunk door. I spent 4.5 hrs waiting for them not to really investigate my complaint. They said we moved the bucket over to the other side , problem solved and told me nothing is wrong. Wow, really? So I'm driving off the lot and the camera again does not work see dealership. I drive back. They confess saying well it didn't occur w :-( the 30mins they actually looked at my car because I cleared the timer before I gave my car over) us ,so we didn't really investigate. Then of course , we need you to leave your car again. The tech said it's probably a connection w the w wires and he needs to strip the cover of wires and check if there's a problem. Ugh, there mouths dropped because they were proven wrong in their face. They wanted to blame a light bucket in my trunk.
Yeah, that's what I am afraid of. Although if I understand backup camera wiring correctly, at most there would be a signal wire from the head unit, power and ground which make the most sense to be connected at the rear of the car or at least on a harness, and a turn on wire...tapped from the reverse wire? They really have no reason to even look at the amplifier, interior fuse box or the head unit ground, but I wouldn't put it past them.

EuroBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
holy cow this sucks.

the reverse camera is one of the easiest things for manufacturers to get right.

ford used some really cheap electronic parts and rushed it into production.

this is unacceptable at many levels.

Sponsored

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
Hey I haven't had any issues with the back up camera but is there an audio switch for sound. I believe I read every section in manual but I can't find anything on that.
What am I overlooking or does our car doesn't make beeps while backing up.

Blake
2015 gt Premium
competition orange
select shift

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Update on my backup camera - I took it into the dealer and they found broken wires on the harness/loom leading to the camera. They repaired them and mine works as it should now.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Someone above mentioned that there are settings for turning the predictive lines on/off on the backup camera screen. I can't seem to find that. Can someone give me more details on where that would be?

I have another thread dedicated to the car accident I had with my 2015 GT PRemium. It was pretty minor in the scheme of things (lady rear ended me) but ended up being a total of $10,125 in damages, not including the rental car.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure if they had to replace the camera. I don't think they did, but who knows? However, I now have no lines at all on my screen when backing up. I went through the settings on the 8" screen, including going to Vehicle > Rearview Camera (or something like that). The only 2 options I see there are to turn the avatar on/off for my rear parking sensors on the screen, and turning a delay on/off for the backup camera. Interestingly enough, the preview window in the corner of this screen, does show all of the lines. Just no options for them!

One more fact to add. Once I picked up the car, the shop told me that there had just been an issue where my drivers side window went down by itself and wouldn't come back up. They did a "Master Reset" and that fixed it. I'm wondering if that could be the issue? Those lines definitely seem like they would be a software issue...

Any advice to try? Thx

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
Someone above mentioned that there are settings for turning the predictive lines on/off on the backup camera screen. I can't seem to find that. Can someone give me more details on where that would be?

I have another thread dedicated to the car accident I had with my 2015 GT PRemium. It was pretty minor in the scheme of things (lady rear ended me) but ended up being a total of $10,125 in damages, not including the rental car.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure if they had to replace the camera. I don't think they did, but who knows? However, I now have no lines at all on my screen when backing up. I went through the settings on the 8" screen, including going to Vehicle > Rearview Camera (or something like that). The only 2 options I see there are to turn the avatar on/off for my rear parking sensors on the screen, and turning a delay on/off for the backup camera. Interestingly enough, the preview window in the corner of this screen, does show all of the lines. Just no options for them!

One more fact to add. Once I picked up the car, the shop told me that there had just been an issue where my drivers side window went down by itself and wouldn't come back up. They did a "Master Reset" and that fixed it. I'm wondering if that could be the issue? Those lines definitely seem like they would be a software issue...

Any advice to try? Thx
I've been in and out of the settings on MFT and can't find anything for the camera, other than camera delay.

Good luck to you.
Sponsored