OP
OP
PewterCam

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Not sure.. I've not heard of anyone ordering an IC as of yet. MMR has had theirs listed the longest. I spoke to Anthony at FFTec and they are shipping their CAI's this week so they may have the IC's ready to go this week as well?

Sponsored

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Is anyone's kit actually ready to be shipped?

Yes, MMR has shipped 26 intercoolers so far, 10 more are being built right now, all of which are also sold and shipping in just a few days, for those wanting to place new orders we suggest doing so soon as we have a small waiting list and time frame for the next batch is about 3 weeks.

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
We are also ready to ship out IC's as well. We have a few on hand ready to go. Intercoolers are about 5 days lead time in terms of construction here at our facility, if they are not in stock at the time of your order. With more than 15 already put into service around the U.S., we haven't had any complaints so far!

Our introductory pricing of $394.99 will end soon! Check it out here.

The stock intercooler suffers substantially from heat soak after only 1 pull; especially on the dyno with simulated air flow.

The issues are prominent in 3rd gear, and only get worse when a higher load is placed on the turbocharger/engine by either:

• Requesting more boost
  • Placing more load on the engine in a higher gear

The OEM intercooler just cannot keep up with the heat dissipation required at these levels.

The upgraded core also allows for the OAR to correct more positive, more often. This yields higher power output, along with acceleration by adding in more timing to the pre-programmed base timing curve.

I will put together some more data showing gears 1-5 and just how substantial the efficiency deficit is on the factory core. I will also compare this data to our upgraded IC.

Anthony

Last edited:

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
We are also ready to ship out IC's as well. We have a few on hand ready to go. Intercoolers are about 5 days lead time in terms of construction here at our facility, if they are not in stock at the time of your order. With more than 15 already put into service around the U.S., we haven't had any complaints so far!

Our introductory pricing of $394.99 will end soon! Check it out here.

The stock intercooler suffers substantially from heat soak after only 1 pull; especially on the dyno with simulated air flow.

The issues are prominent in 3rd gear, and only get worse when a higher load is placed on the turbocharger/engine by either:

• Requesting more boost
  • Placing more load on the engine in a higher gear

The OEM intercooler just cannot keep up with the heat dissipation required at these levels.

The upgraded core also allows for the OAR to correct more positive, more often. This yields higher power output, along with acceleration by adding in more timing to the pre-programmed base timing curve.

I will put together some more data showing gears 1-5 and just how substantial the efficiency deficit is on the factory core. I will also compare this data to our upgraded IC.

Anthony
Thanks for the info Anthony, looking forward to seeing the rest once you get it together.

Ecostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
This question is for MMR and FFTEC. What brand cores are you guys using to build these intercoolers?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Who has done cold weather validation for condensation of these larger ICs? I'm sure these are great for below the snow belt, but everywhere else we have winter to worry about.

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
This question is for MMR and FFTEC. What brand cores are you guys using to build these intercoolers?
Thanks for all of the interest!!

We are offering two options.

One is going to be an off brand core which is a huge improvement over the factory intercooler, priced competitively. Intended for owners who see the value of this particular upgrade, and enjoy the car more as fun to drive car/DD vs. a competition racing vehicle. This option will support up to 800WHP.

The second option is a Garrett core which does offer the prime benefits over the off brand selection in terms of core density and efficiency. This is intended for a highly competitive owner who plan to push their chassis to its limit. For the road racers, drag strip contenders and the above average, enthusiast driver, looking for top tier performance with no sacrifice in performance of efficiency. This option will support 1k WHP+.

Data for all options vs. OEM will be posted soon!

Anthony

Gungnir888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP
Thanks Anthony. It's always awesome when the vendors post data. Can we see charge temp differences at stock boost levels with just the budget vs. Garrett cores once you have it?

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I am a pretty serious drag racer, but I don't see the stock shortblock taking much more than 500 RWHP. I have no current plans to upgrade that.......current being the operative word. LOL.
Sponsored