0-60 Times

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Do you brake boost or do you just floor it? And should I turn traction control off?
Sponsored

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Do you brake boost or do you just floor it? And should I turn traction control off?
Yea but not too much, just enough to build a little boost. Small turbo is fast to begin with so too much and tires spin.

I can feel traction control kill a little bit of power after each shift to keep wheels from spinning. So kinda depends on how warm the tires and tarmac are. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
Yea but not too much, just enough to build a little boost. Small turbo is fast to begin with so too much and tires spin.

I can feel traction control kill a little bit of power after each shift to keep wheels from spinning. So kinda depends on how warm the tires and tarmac are. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.
Yeah when I brake boosted from 2500 with traction control off the tires spun till 40

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
You guys are good.... 6.5 best I can do. Either too much wheel spin or bog, I'm mad some of you are just knocking out 5.X second times on your first tries, lol..... with a shift into 3rd???

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
I'm up to 5.5 on my Unleashed Tune. Still too cold to grip with these P-zeroes.

Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
You guys are good.... 6.5 best I can do. Either too much wheel spin or bog, I'm mad some of you are just knocking out 5.X second times on your first tries, lol..... with a shift into 3rd???
Yeah I'm pretty sure I shifter into third for my 6.1 run. Imma try to shift early and not brake boost as much and see if I can get better results.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I'm surprised you guys with the PP are having so much trouble with traction.

stormtrooper (my buddy) has some P-Zero Nero all seasons on his and gets tons of wheelspin, 255's all the way around.

My car has Goodyear Eagle F1's.. the base 235/50/18's. I get almost ZERO wheelspin lol.

My best run, a 5.3, here's what I did.

Launched around ~2500rpm's in Sport+ mode. Shifted around ~5200rpm's.

My best time, stock, my 5.6 -- I didn't do anything fancy... just did a launch from whatever stock would let me launch at without spinning lol. Didn't even manually shift.

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
Try doing it without a hard launch. Just take off slightly faster then normal and then hit the throttle. You won't hit a best time, but you'll do better than 6.5 if you're shifting on time. Should be able to nail a 6.0 (maybe even slightly better) using that method if you have your shift points down.

OP
OP

limequat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I'm surprised you guys with the PP are having so much trouble with traction.

stormtrooper (my buddy) has some P-Zero Nero all seasons on his and gets tons of wheelspin, 255's all the way around.

My car has Goodyear Eagle F1's.. the base 235/50/18's. I get almost ZERO wheelspin lol.

My best run, a 5.3, here's what I did.

Launched around ~2500rpm's in Sport+ mode. Shifted around ~5200rpm's.

My best time, stock, my 5.6 -- I didn't do anything fancy... just did a launch from whatever stock would let me launch at without spinning lol. Didn't even manually shift.
You're in texas. Some of us are battling ICE, snow... at the very least...cold tires!

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Yeah, today it is around 15 degrees where I live. It's pointless for me, or anyone in these areas, to really try until it gets to at least 50 degrees.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Yeah, today it is around 15 degrees where I live. It's pointless for me, or anyone in these areas, to really try until it gets to at least 50 degrees.
Same here. It's 22° outside and the P Zeros are about useless in this weather. I can't wait till it gets towards the 70s and up. Hopefully it'll hook quite a bit better.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Anyone WOT shifting when doing their runs or just normal shifting?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Anyone WOT shifting when doing their runs or just normal shifting?
What do you mean? If you're trying to get your best 0-60, then you're going to be WOT while shifting. Did you mean paddle shifting?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
I mean wot shifting as in right before you hit the rpm you want to shift at you quickly depress the clutch and don't let off the gas pedal and then shift into next gear and pop the clutch. for some turbo cars with ecu controlled boost this allows you to carry full boost into the next gear. This will burn up the stock clutch fairly quickly if performed too much. it is rather strenuous on the tranny.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I mean wot shifting as in right before you hit the rpm you want to shift at you quickly depress the clutch and don't let off the gas pedal and then shift into next gear and pop the clutch. for some turbo cars with ecu controlled boost this allows you to carry full boost into the next gear. This will burn up the stock clutch fairly quickly if performed too much. it is rather strenuous on the tranny.
Okay, I had a brain fart and was thinking in automatic mode, lol. If you're just seeking a good 0-60 time, then flat foot shifting would probably net you a slightly faster time, but like you said, it'd wear the stock components out rather quickly. To me, burning a clutch up wouldn't be worth an extra .10th.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sponsored