Sponsored

Gt convertible dealer in Philly/main line area

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
Hi,

I am looking to test drive and buy if price is right (7k off msrp or more) a lightning blue gt convertible, auto, with black package. I am in the Philly suburbs but none of the dealers I have reached out to have a car that is remotely close to what I want. I am willing to travel upto 200 miles for the right deal. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Separately, does anyone have pics of midnight blue interior?
Sponsored

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
Have you checked out this one at Gibbons Ford? A lightning blue GT convertible with auto.

Window Sticker

That's probably the closest match you'll find in stock, given your specific requirements.

Also, $7K off sticker is more of a discount than X-Plan. That might be tough to do.

Attachments

Last edited:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I don't have anything to add other than that Main Line and Philly area dealers are generally pretty awful. When I bought my 2006 GT, I shopped pretty extensively all over south Jersey and SE PA, including out to Malvern, Collegeville, Lansdale, Doylestown, and Yardley, and most were uninterested in working with me on anything.

I'd recommend getting in touch with Koons, and see what they have available or can do with you. People seem to be pretty happy with them, though it's been 5+ years since I've lived up that way.

JR

OP
OP

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
Have you checked out this one at Gibbons Ford? A lightning blue GT convertible with auto.

Window Sticker

That's probably the closest match you'll find in stock, given your specific requirements.

Also, $7K off sticker is more of a discount than X-Plan. That might be tough to do.

Thank you. This is very helpful. How did you find this? Is there a website where you can search across dealers?

OP
OP

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
I don't have anything to add other than that Main Line and Philly area dealers are generally pretty awful. When I bought my 2006 GT, I shopped pretty extensively all over south Jersey and SE PA, including out to Malvern, Collegeville, Lansdale, Doylestown, and Yardley, and most were uninterested in working with me on anything.

I'd recommend getting in touch with Koons, and see what they have available or can do with you. People seem to be pretty happy with them, though it's been 5+ years since I've lived up that way.

JR
Thank you. I will check out Koons.

Sponsored

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
How did you find this? Is there a website where you can search across dealers?
I did a search on Ford's website and set my search for 100 miles. :ford:

I did a "build and price" for a GT convertible, in lightning blue, with just auto and black pkg selected as options. I got this one, and only one, hit and it was claimed to be an exact match (not really so... missing the black pkg).

It seems that few Ford dealers stock GT convertibles, and when they do, its only one or two. So, finding one in your color, and with your specific options, IMHO, is going to be nearly impossible.

BTW, I bought all my Mustangs from the Ford dealer in Quakertown. Though, at the time, they were supporters of our local Mustang Club, and the one contact person (their High Performance Vehicle salesperson) was very willing to work with club members on purchases. I doubt that is true anymore.

OP
OP

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
Be careful of Koons' misc $500 fee they like to toss in. Not that this is by itself bad, just remember to add that onto any price they might quote, when comparing with other quotes.
Thank you. Members like you are the reason I love this forum so much. Past few months have been very educational for me.
Sponsored