Sponsored

150+ mph

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I almost got to answer my own question on Sunday lol I was going 130ish down a straight away and I started slowing down where it isn't safe to do that anymore and a cop was sitting on the exit above me. Thanks goodness he only got me doing 76 in a 55. Ended up knowing him so that helped :amen:
Radar detector? Waze? At least another car in front of you?

I wouldn't play around with my license that casually.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Here in FL you're likely to get jailed for anything over 100. As always, depends on the cop and your attitude.
Nope, just a $369 ticket and a mandatory court appearance (lawyer going counts though, at least it did for me). If you do school its a $376 ticket.

Found that out back in July getting caught at 105 on I75.

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
I didn't get clocked at 145, but I got caught doing 145 in a 55. I didn't know the cop was coming until he pulled in behind me at the gas station 3 exits up, he didn't put on his lights or anything. I was out of the car when he pulled up. Ended up writing me a ticket for 65 in a 55, I fought it and got $50 knocked off the $150 ticket.

Haven't really been speeding since, happened 2 years ago in my buddy's Vortech supercharged 2013 GT Premium

Been keeping that kind of stuff at the track since it is unlikely my luck will be that good at a future date lol

OP
OP

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
Radar detector? Waze? At least another car in front of you?

I wouldn't play around with my license that casually.
Nope, no radar detector and I definitely don't want anyone in front of me when doing that lol I'm usually pretty good about where I speed like that. If I go that fast, it is in an area where both sides of the road are closed off by either median or guardrails and allows for no cops to sit. I only got caught because I waited too long to slow down after the road opened up and had a few places where a cop could sit. Oh well. Live and learn.
Sponsored