Sponsored

The big Intercooler thread.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
What hurts U.s companies is keeping our dollar worthless by printing trillions of unregulated fed reserve dollars,At the rate they are printing it kills the supply vs demand theory and throws it in the toilet.I would love to buy everything american,I cant afford to use my what was once considered great pay and use it to invest in 150.00 per hour functioning costs.More then likely the cheap but better looking cores are all comming from china,you just get better thicker end tanks.Most companies outsource no matter what the advertisment says.

Pretty soon people wont be able to afford outsourced parts, wont be long and we will be paying 20.00 a bottle for a pepsi.Wonder where our stock intercoolers are made?

Need data on all the intercoolers,data thats not fudged for sales.
I get what you are saying completely, and it even makes sense. I just disagree.

If there were no companies making parts for our cars, there would be nothing for China to knock-off.

If there is nothing for China to knock-off for our cars, you are stuck with fabricating everything yourself instead of buying something that just bolts in.

But to each his own. My car is a source of pleasure and joy for me. I'll pay the price to get parts from companies I know are actually putting time into R&D for the platform so they will continue doing that. But that is just me... certainly does not mean everyone has to follow that.
Sponsored

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I aggree,I wasnt disagreeing or agreeing more or less,just trying to stay neutral.Whats the best temp at w.ot that hobbyists are seeing with the available"better"intercoolers?

One type I def wouldnt buy are the tiny oem sized aftermarket generic or otherwise.I think if your going to buy a unit id go for the biggest one that fits the car or at least a direct bolt in.

Last edited:

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I say buy what you can afford or are willing to wait for,Im on the factory intercooler still,its a daily go to work and back fourth car for me,my focus is on my pushrod stuff.When the racecars are finished I may entertain doing a couple small mods on the eco,if not Im happy enough with how it runs with a tune,down pipe,aircleaner and fuel mix.Its peppy for a daily and great on gas.

Last edited:

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Guys I just posted up that there is another intercooler on the market. We are all free to choose. Shoot I can make my own. There are plenty of sources for the parts needed.

Look around.

Ambient Thermal Management

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW

Sponsored

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Sorry to bump up the thread.

For everyday spirited driving in Washington DC area (occasional humid 80-90 degree weather during summer) would I notice any difference between a larger ATM unit vs a stock replacement units such as MAP and CP-E?

I won't be doing any track days.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Sorry to bump up the thread.

For everyday spirited driving in Washington DC area (occasional humid 80-90 degree weather during summer) would I notice any difference between a larger ATM unit vs a stock replacement units such as MAP and CP-E?

I won't be doing any track days.
You will see a benefit with a larger intercooler, the more constant the charge temp the more consistent the power. You would want a tune to get the full benefit of any of them.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just thought I'd chime in here guys since the quest for data was mentioned :)
We recently had a customer go from a Levels to our unit. All his findings (and honest at that) are posted here starting in post 65: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83503&highlight=ambient&page=5

To each his own, but this may help some in making a decision for a quality intercooler :thumbsup:
@Ambient Thermal Management:
I have not seen anyone ask yet - but will your ATM IC for the 2015-2017 Mustangs also fit the 2018 EB - or is a redesign necessary due to the complete redesign of the new 2018 front clip and rad support?

Ambient Thermal Management

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and BMW
I have not seen anyone ask yet - but will your ATM IC for the 2015-2017 Mustangs also fit the 2018 EB - or is a redesign necessary due to the complete redesign of the new 2018 front clip and rad support?
To be totally honest we have not had the opportunity to try our unit out on a 2018 model just yet. If someone is interested in doing so please contact us and we'll do our best to make it worth their while!

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
For what it's worth, most of the '14-'17 intercoolers we've tried on our 2018 model have transitioned without modification!

Sponsored

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
To be totally honest we have not had the opportunity to try our unit out on a 2018 model just yet. If someone is interested in doing so please contact us and we'll do our best to make it worth their while!
Msg'd.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Anyone knows what the max hp supported by cp-e ΔCore FMIC is?