Sponsored

Am I overreacting?

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just curious if others would feel the same way I do if others were in this situation.

I ordered some parts a few days into September, put down a deposit, the invoice stated “6-7 week estimate”, it’s been 11 weeks. Am I overreacting if I’m a little frustrated???
Sponsored

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
+1 or 2 weeks over = over reacting
+5 or 6 weeks over = call and find out what's wrong

Production issue? Shipping issue? The only person with access to the order system all of a sudden is bedridden and has been out for the last month and a half? Get a specific reason.

If there's another vendor that makes a similar product / part - cancel the order and move on if your not satisfied with the answer. Shitty customer service and customers leaving / not returning will teach them to fix the problem or be out of business.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I'd be frustrated, but I would have already called the vendor by now and asked what the issue is.

OP
OP
JustinReed

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
+1 or 2 weeks over = over reacting
+5 or 6 weeks over = call and find out what's wrong

Production issue? Shipping issue? The only person with access to the order system all of a sudden is bedridden and has been out for the last month and a half? Get a specific reason.

If there's another vendor that makes a similar product / part - cancel the order and move on if your not satisfied with the answer. Shitty customer service and customers leaving / not returning will teach them to fix the problem or be out of business.
I contacted the rep that sold me the parts, he said when he checked in on the parts, it stated “in production”.

The parts are wheels, and they’re supposedly custom made upon order, but when I receive an estimate of “6-7 weeks” and it’s closer to twice that, starting to get frustrated.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
The custom part is what's going to screw you. If you really want them, you'll have to wait probably.

When we remodeled our bathroom last year, we did a quartz countertop. Tiny - 36inch by 24 inch? Took them 2 months to cut that and drill 2 holes for the sink and faucet. We completely finished the room (dad and I, on nights and weekends) before they got it done. I was super pissed...

Dunno - I might wait or I might say f'uuuuuuu and go with someone else.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Since it's custom, it you aren't willing to wait, I'm sure you'll lose your deposit.

Also, understand the nature of custom parts. S--- happens and sometimes it takes longer.
Sponsored