krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi Friends,

I already ordered my black mustang last month. I have the option to change the colour before the end of the year. Now I got an interest on the race red with black roof. But I am not so sure about how it will look. If any of you guys have a picture of a race red pony with a black roof kindly post it here and help me out.

Please help me out on this guys. I am in a completely confused state now :crazy:
Sponsored

pantograph3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP Orange Fury
I personally like it. I ordered my competition orange with the black roof. It looks sleek, almost like the glass continues from front to back. My '14 Mustang had the glass roof option and I was trying to duplicate that look with the black roof.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i wouldn't pay ford for a black roof. just wrap it.

Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
i wouldn't pay ford for a black roof. just wrap it.
Agreed. One of the reasons I didn't go for the option when I ordered my car. Didn't want to spend $600 on an option that I could spend $150 on and not be permanent. That $600 could be used on a different option.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I wouldn't order the painted black roof.. hell I wouldn't buy another black car period. Black paint is such a giant pain in the ass, I think it would be an infinitely better idea to wrap it with a gloss black vinyl instead of getting it painted black from the factory.

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Will wrapping the roof with black vinyl wraps affect the paint in anyway. My car may occasionally be parked in the open during the day time for 8 hours. Continuous exposure to sunlight will have any effect on the vinyl wrap ??

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Stay with Black! I went from Race Red to Black and absolutely love it! 3 people have told me it looks like a classier car in black. I'm happy I made the change!