Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
What are the wheels?
They are Ispiri, UK company so no crazy taxes to pay, around £1200 for a set including everything you need to fit. :)

http://www.ispiriwheels.com/ispiri-ffr1.html

Mine are 19" in gunmetal grey, I really wanted the brushed carbon finish, it looks amazing but they would not do it, said only for 20" only which annoyed me but I really loved the design of the wheel so settled for a colour I did not originally want. But now I kind of like it! :D

I had 20" before, which I would say looks better on a bling scale, but man the ride was harsh and the handling not as good due to losing compliance as on 20" can only run 35 profile and even on 285/35 and 295/35 staggered setup for me it was just too harsh, but my car is a daily.

The new setup the car is comfier than it was stock, the compliance is superb, but that is because I am on 275/40 all round, lost 20kg from wheels alone and I am on KW clubsports and the way the car just soaks up bumps and undulations in the road is impressive even when under power.

KW V1/V3 would ride even softer.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I thought they might be different due to the difference in weight.

The fronts should be fairly linear so something like a 3mm change in thread length gives 3mm change in ride height. The rears are a bit different though.

Look forward to hearing their response, it'd be nice to get the height approx. right first time. Rather than having to jack up and jack down half a dozen times before it's right.

Ta very much.
On it... for ease, they're on M6G under @wortec uk as their tag.

And yeah, different spring on the front for the EB, but that was their choice, I let the pro's sort it all out and I just get to refine the finished product, saves me hours of up and down to get the ride height just right lol!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
They are Ispiri, UK company so no crazy taxes to pay, around £1200 for a set including everything you need to fit. :)

Mine are 19" in gunmetal grey, I really wanted the brushed carbon finish, it looks amazing but they would not do it, said only for 20" only which annoyed me but I really loved the design of the wheel so settled for a colour I did not originally want. But now I kind of like it! :D
Argh, no! Nice wheels, UK based and affordable. Thanks for that ;)

They don't appear to do our stud pattern from looking at their website. Was that special order and given they're inflexible on colour are they happy enough to do it?

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550

I had 20" before, which I would say looks better on a bling scale, but man the ride was harsh and the handling not as good due to losing compliance as on 20" can only run 35 profile and even on 285/35 and 295/35 staggered setup for me it was just too harsh, but my car is a daily.

The new setup the car is comfier than it was stock, the compliance is superb, but that is because I am on 275/40 all round, lost 20kg from wheels alone and I am on KW clubsports and the way the car just soaks up bumps and undulations in the road is impressive even when under power.

When you went to 20" wheels, I thought you might have been looking at the gt350 brakes for them?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
When you went to 20" wheels, I thought you might have been looking at the gt350 brakes for them?

Performance wise stock brakes are fine, looks wise GT350 all the way.

I am changing the disc all round though for two-piece items with c-hook design which look far nicer and shed nearly a further 15kg all round. :)

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Had a Simply Brilliant time at Speedfest :D:headbang:
20170611_173239.jpg

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Have to say that with my KW V1's and 295/35/20 MPSS (K1) rears, I need a neck brace with the state of the roads over here!

Had a Simply Brilliant time at Speedfest :D:headbang:
F**k... what the hell am I doing wrong... all I get is hairy blokes in football shirts hanging around mine most of the time!

Did they 'belong' to Speedfest, are you just blessed with chiseled good looks, or were they rented?

PS - PM me the number/s, if you've got them, of either of those two crouching down at the front :love: :cool:

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT

Biggriff550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Deep Impact Blue Convertible
Argh, no! Nice wheels, UK based and affordable. Thanks for that ;)

They don't appear to do our stud pattern from looking at their website. Was that special order and given they're inflexible on colour are they happy enough to do it?
I checked that and they don't list our fitment so did they do a custom set up for you?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
There's a nice lady down the road who I sometimes walk my huskies with, she's just knocked on the door and asked if I could take her daughter and her date to the prom as they love my car lol

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
haha i had some random street rat do the same to me at the weekend :)

when i was at school we called them disco's :(

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
Fitted my [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] Interior LED (Stage 2) kit and Red LED Sidemarkers, both sourced from [MENTION=22385]Steeda UK[/MENTION]

Interior LED's were a piece of Cake!

The old Amber FoMoCo markers came out easily, but I'm a big lad at 6'6" and built like the proverbial !!!! house and rolling about my back wasn't my idea of fun whilst running the cabling - when I get a new exhaust system, I'm going to take it to someone to fit as currently I look like I've been down a coal mine......

Still the Interior LED's & Side Markers look the business.........

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Great to hear Mike! Glad you like em.

TBH unless you have an orange Mustang we think they are pretty much a great thing to do on every stang, as white, smoked or red sidemarkers are always going to look better than the EU OEM orange ones!
Sponsored