What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Fitted my US spec lower grill and big mouth intake. Well pleased with the result, why on earth did we not get this grill fitted as standard?!
I disconnected the battery while refitting just to be on the safe side and now I've lost the moving guide lines on my parking screen which is slightly annoying...
Looks lovely - had to order myself one now! Bloody forum:D
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
Looks lovely - had to order myself one now! Bloody forum:D
At that price you'd be daft not to. It really does make a difference now those bars flow from the top grill into the bottom one. Well worth the effort taking the front off.
I really would love to know Ford's thinking when they gave us that naff version it comes with...

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
At that price you'd be daft not to. It really does make a difference now those bars flow from the top grill into the bottom one. Well worth the effort taking the front off.
I really would love to know Ford's thinking when they gave us that naff version it comes with...
I think the naff one is actually part of the US performance/premium trim as a lot of the ACC and sensors and stuff hide behind there, :thumbsup:

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Eu pedestrian safety rules again?:shrug:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Eu pedestrian safety rules again?:shrug:
If it was, it would be something stupid like the risk of anyone you hit catching a finger or toe in one of the grille hexes (never say never)... but I think it's something other than that (as [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] has suggested).

I'm in the US at the moment and off to collect some parts I've ordered from one of the Ford/Roush dealers here (Lakeland Ford FL), so will have a look at the ones on the lot while I'm there (they've got a GT350 in Avalanche Grey and 2 Roush Mustangs in the showroom at the moment, plus 2 more Roush Mustangs, an F150 Raptor, Roush and Lariat on the lot... so it's serious drool time)!

I seem to recall from my last visit here 7 months ago, that the lower grille we get is the one on the V6 over here, and the base GT (with the silly little spoiler on the rear) gets the lower fang grille, with the Premium GT getting one or the other, depending on optioned spec.

I will revert later with my findings :cool: !

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Have a great trip!
"Samples, no commercial value" ...

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I think the naff one is actually part of the US performance/premium trim as a lot of the ACC and sensors and stuff hide behind there, :thumbsup:
Yep, the grill was for the ACC cars, as I have one as you said Steve it's the only grill that works with the radar, if it,s swapped out then the ACC won't work
strange they would throw them onto the Euro Stangs, but that's Ford's for you
:headbang:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, the grill was for the ACC cars, as I have one as you said Steve it's the only grill that works with the radar, if it,s swapped out then the ACC won't work
strange they would throw them onto the Euro Stangs, but that's Ford's for you
:headbang:
Well ACC is on the premium trim levels, we get the premium trim just no ACC so makes sense, jut an ugly ducking, but to be honest I have a GT/Upper lower, and unless i'm down there cleaning I can hardly tell, but it makes a lot of dfference on the aesthetics front!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Fitted this yesterday, very pleased with new look
image1.JPG

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
While I had the bumper off I found this hiding behind it, took a while to work out what it fitted
image1.JPG

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Well ACC is on the premium trim levels, we get the premium trim just no ACC so makes sense, jut an ugly ducking, but to be honest I have a GT/Upper lower, and unless i'm down there cleaning I can hardly tell, but it makes a lot of dfference on the aesthetics front!
ACC is a special package which comes with the auto wipers in the US, not Standard on any trim levell
Sponsored