What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
One thing I did get well and truly stuck on. Trying to get the gear knob off....!!
Try as I might no amount of force seemed to even make it move an inch. Tea towels the lot, nothing. Am I missing a trick?
I would say yes, i replaced my gearknob with ease. The only thing I did was to lock it in reverse when doing it but it came off easily. You're trying to undo it, not tighten it, right;)
Sponsored

GuyW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I would say yes, i replaced my gearknob with ease. The only thing I did was to lock it in reverse when doing it but it came off easily. You're trying to undo it, not tighten it, right;)
Ha yes, counterclockwise!

Haven't tried locking it in reverse I'll give it a shot but this thing feels welded on.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ha yes, counterclockwise!

Haven't tried locking it in reverse I'll give it a shot but this thing feels welded on.
Maybe something to do with the newer builds? Mine came off super easy, remember it being surprisingly easy actually. I must be super strong :ninja:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Washed it, drove it, took photos :cool:
IMG_3799.jpg
IMG_3781.jpg
IMG_3788.jpg
IMG_3801.jpg
IMG_3803.jpg
IMG_3786.jpg

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Not today but last night....
Spent two hours swapping the oem exhaust for my American Racing Headers Pure Thunder.

Damn the oem one is heavy... if you do the job on your own make sure you have something to support it when you pull it off. I used axel stands to support the back boxes and a space hopper to support the resonator, which worked rather well.

The ARH is fantastic! Great for a daily driver, not too offensive but a nice deep H pipe rumble. At cruising revs from within the car it could be mistaken for original fit.

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
Fitted my US spec lower grill and big mouth intake. Well pleased with the result, why on earth did we not get this grill fitted as standard?!
I disconnected the battery while refitting just to be on the safe side and now I've lost the moving guide lines on my parking screen which is slightly annoying...
DSC_0274.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Fitted my US spec lower grill and big mouth intake. Well pleased with the result, why on earth did we not get this grill fitted as standard?!
I disconnected the battery while refitting just to be on the safe side and now I've lost the moving guide lines on my parking screen which is slightly annoying...
They come back! I thought the same when I did my wheel, but, alas, all good when i restarted the car.

Grille looks mean, love mine, sets off the front nicely.

Today I got Valve stems.. should have had TPMS fitted but the ford store literally closed on me.

So instead i decided to showoff my new wheels i got recently from [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] and my vents installed by Modurstang

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
So needs dropped Manders :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
...and fatter rubber on those rims when budget allows
The car is a credit to you!
Gonna run 285s when they give out. If I had the money to burn on new rubber i'd have done it lol!

[MENTION=16323]Lone Survivor[/MENTION] it does, I'm looking at Pedders at the minute, missed out on Gibbos Shocks/Spring combo he had up as I think both fit the EB as well as the GT (Gibbos definitley do no idea on the pedders just yet - Dave? [MENTION=13889]djone101[/MENTION] )

Last edited:

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Gonna run 285s when they give out. If I had the money to burn on new rubber i'd have done it lol!

[MENTION=16323]Lone Survivor[/MENTION] it does, I'm looking at Pedders at the minute, missed out on Gibbos Shocks/Spring combo he had up as I think both fit the EB as well as the GT (Gibbos definitley do no idea on the pedders just yet - Dave? [MENTION=13889]djone101[/MENTION] )
Yes Pedders will work on EB too. :)
Sponsored