Sponsored

Ford is worthless

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
So, the trans in my car fails at 10,000 miles. Has a PP2 kit on it. First dealer says, we are not fixing it because it has an aftermarket tune. Ray from Ford Performance calls and says, yes that is Ford tune, you can fix it under warranty. Dealer says no, come get your car. Call Ford, they do NOTHING except give me a complaint number. Take it to another dealer, no problem, our Mustang tech has that kit on his car, we will fix it, no problem. Been 3 weeks and he can't get the parts from Ford. I call Ford, get another complaint number, this women who has no clue what is involved in a transmission repair, calls and tell me that it looks like the part will be available June 12th. A month to fix my car. I am 63, I don't drive the shit out of my cars.

Done with Ford GM and Chrysler. GM bought my first Vette back, because they forgot to attach the oil cooler line (they gave me a replacement car that I still have),the Ram truck is rusting and my Mustang has been in the shop more than I have driven it this year.

Then they wonder why people buy Honda, my Acura is boring, but I put almost 150,000 miles on it and it never spent a day in the shop.
Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for your luck...and its not domestic automakers

I purchased at 2014 Subaru WRX right off the lot with 10 miles on it. Before it hit 200 it was in under warranty for electrical issues. Took them a week to figure it out and turned out to be a bad plug that caused havoc with the whole system. Sometimes QC is just bad.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Sorry for your luck...and its not domestic automakers

I purchased at 2014 Subaru WRX right off the lot with 10 miles on it. Before it hit 200 it was in under warranty for electrical issues. Took them a week to figure it out and turned out to be a bad plug that caused havoc with the whole system. Sometimes QC is just bad.
Agreed. I had a pretty bad run with VW that involved lawyers. Cant talk about it much but it does happen to all automakers.

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
It’s well known that Transmissions and internal parts are on back order. There are a few posts on here taking about it. I don’t know why you would file a complaint on a dealer that is a victim of the same back order issues. It’s not their fault.

ajpgt13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
[MENTION=20539]timd38[/MENTION] - was this Hudson Ford? I'm in Hudson, WI also

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Ford's not special. I had a BMW that needed recall Takata airbag service. Made an appointment, had my son drive it to the nearest dealer an hour and a half away. When he got there they said they would have to order parts, even though the appointment was specifically for the airbag recall. Took about a month before they called back and had the parts.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
You just figured this out?

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I feel your pain. New short block on my 2018 GT with 1500 miles. Bought the car on 3/28. It's been in the shop since 4/17. Ford is buying it back but its been over a month that I've been dealing with them on just the buyback.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Sorry for your bad experience OP, I've owned all three and have been lucky so far (knock on wood).
06 GTO, 13 Mustang GT, 15 Viper.

If you're looking at a japanese car that has power (467hp) and comfort I would check out the Lexus GSF. The GS line is a great car and the GSF was once $85k, but is getting snubbed because of the class its in (power sucks, but you get toyota reliability). Around $55k for a GSF would be my budget.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Sorry for your bad experience OP, I've owned all three and have been lucky so far (knock on wood).
06 GTO, 13 Mustang GT, 15 Viper.

If you're looking at a japanese car that has power (467hp) and comfort I would check out the Lexus GSF. The GS line is a great car and the GSF was once $85k, but is getting snubbed because of the class its in (power sucks, but you get toyota reliability). Around $55k for a GSF would be my budget.
My dad 2 last lexus...
Cam bearing out at 45k miles
2nd one electric problems

Bought a Lincoln after being run around by Lexus and never been happier

Cliff notes .. no one is perfect except me lol

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
It’s well known that Transmissions and internal parts are on back order. There are a few posts on here taking about it. I don’t know why you would file a complaint on a dealer that is a victim of the same back order issues. It’s not their fault.
I did not file a complaint about the dealer. In fact the dealer told me to bitch, because they have lost a bay and it is a small dealership. The dealer has been great. Read the post, Ford is the problem. If they don't have parts to fix it put a new one in. Them not having parts is Ford's issue.
Sponsored

Last edited: