Sponsored

Where to get Ford Performance PP 2 Installed in NoVA

RafaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red
Hi everyone, does anyone have any recommendations for a dealer or shop with a certified ASE tech where i can get my Ford Performance PP2 installed. Preferably somewhere that you've been to and that wont cost an arm and a leg. I called Ted Britt in FFX (since they're a Ford Performance dealer) and they wanted to charge me and exorbitant amount :eyebulge:.

If it's any help, I'm in Alexandria.

Thanks!
Raf
Sponsored

Last edited:

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Im looking for a place also. I called Ted Britt and they quoted $475 labor. Crazy.. I did find a performance shop in fairfax (Moore automotive) that quoted $150. But i dont think they are familiar with the kit or tune though..

gqllc007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
My dealer in East Greenbush, NY charged me 3 hours labor rate which was $330 total for PP2 install

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Im looking for a place also. I called Ted Britt and they quoted $475 labor. Crazy.. I did find a performance shop in fairfax (Moore automotive) that quoted $150. But i dont think they are familiar with the kit or tune though..

I've had my car dyno'd at Moore Automotive a few times, they are nice enough people. Not much to be familiar with, the kit is very simple. The biggest thing is making sure you have the tune file on a laptop to be able to make sure everything is good to go while uploading to the car.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I would try Waldorf Ford in Waldorf, MD.... ask for Andrew Garis...

They installed my FP for around $200 in 2016... basically the same stuff, I believe... tune/CAI.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I paid $400 for install with Koons Sterling Ford (place i purchased the car) - was promised no issues with warranty if they did the install in-house. They did a great job and the extra cost was worth the peace of mind for me.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I paid $400 for install with Koons Sterling Ford (place i purchased the car) - was promised no issues with warranty if they did the install in-house. They did a great job and the extra cost was worth the peace of mind for me.
thanks, i ended up going to apple ford in maryland, they do roush installs as well. after i got home i checked the tune file in the car and it was the stock file (confirmed with FP) apparently they didnt update file or had problem and didnt check. I was able to reload the new file. All good now.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55

Didja get it in writing?

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Didja get it in writing?
I didn't write up a document and have them sign it, but they assured me I wouldn't have issues. I guess I'm taking their word for it, and given that they have the service records of their own tech working on the car, I'm relatively confident that I won't have any issues. I suppose there is a chance they could screw me if they wanted to but I'm not too worried about them doing so honestly. They have been a great service dealer - I had the dreaded driveline vibration when I bought the car new, and they were able to diagnose and remedy the issue after replacing the drive shaft, and entire rear assembly (including rear diff, etc.). So fingers crossed I suppose
Sponsored