Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I noticed while watching the Saturday race at that track, that the particular corner had a slight drop-off right at the power on point. The Indycars would step sideways a little there.

Also from AutoGuide article:
Reuss recognized the driver error in a gentlemanly statement released after the crash.

“I want to thank you all for your well wishes today,” he said. “I am ok. I have driven this course many many, many times. I have paced this race in the wet, cold, hot, and calm. On Z06’s, Grand Sports, and other things. It is never a casual thing for me, but an honor to be asked. Today I let down my friends, my family, Indycar, our city and my company. Sorry does not describe it. I want to thank our engineers for providing me the safety I know is the best in the world.”

The incident was the first public instance of a ZR1 being crashed, but likely not the last. A 755 hp car demands a ton of respect.
If all this is true, too bad it is not also making it on the internets.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Wait a second, I’m sorry but this makes no sense at all. You’re saying if I lay on the gas around a corner while breaking loose, the gt350 won’t wreck? .... cool feature! Lmao
Anyways, nice to see a vette in the crowd crashing videos to help our reputation

I've driven my buddies vettes over the years and yep they have a tendency to do the same stangs...that's why I bought the 350 and not mustang...there's a huge difference.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
It sure looked slippery there though, didn't it?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I watched it a couple times and I really can't explain it. Normally a good driver will correct with steering when the back of the car starts to come around. A novice will get off the gas and probably step on the brake.

This guy was spinning the tires all the way into the wall. He didn't try to adjust the steering, he didn't let off the gas as far as I could tell, he didn't step on the brakes.

It's almost like he froze up. Very odd. Based on him having been on the track many times in the past I would have at least expected him to try to save it.
Sponsored