What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Dropped my car off at www.flawlessdetailing.co.uk in Coventry for a full exterior/interior & wheels off procedure by Connor Birch will post some photos when I collect it on Thursday
300 miles in the car to Castle Combe and back, time on the track, then to finish off a works party on the way back, with my Bosses Mrs and her friend, getting my Boss to get their pic in the car with the top down and by the hood
boy does the CS get some attention
:headbang:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great!

What did you use to open the hexes?
-Interested.

I'm going to be doing this in a few weeks for two other owners, I believe I'm going to be using a dremel (One of the ones with a tip that gets gradually bigger), and to start it off a 5mm drill... Some have said a knife works, but that looks a bit, erm... harder ;)!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
-Interested.

I'm going to be doing this in a few weeks for two other owners, I believe I'm going to be using a dremel (One of the ones with a tip that gets gradually bigger), and to start it off a 5mm drill... Some have said a knife works, but that looks a bit, erm... harder ;)!
I would tend towards a Dremel fitted with a cutting disc. I reckon there's be more chance of a straight cut.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I would tend towards a Dremel fitted with a cutting disc. I reckon there's be more chance of a straight cut.
Hmm that's one, but the cutting disk has to be teeny tiny, I was going to go with a dremel fitted with a small file and file the edges down so they're smooth.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
careful using the dremmel grinder edge it spins so fast it melts the plastic better off using a cutting blade or a sharp stanley (it'll go through it like butter anyway) to cut the bulk away and then use a dremmel grinder to smooth off final bumps etc.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
careful using the dremmel grinder edge it spins so fast it melts the plastic better off using a cutting blade or a sharp stanley (it'll go through it like butter anyway) to cut the bulk away and then use a dremmel grinder to smooth off final bumps etc.
It was going to be the sanding to the dremel, the hacksaw leaves loads of flaked plastics.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Shit just got real

So apparently my GT is built?! :eyebulge:

Casually emailing my dealer about the Eibach springs (which I have added to my order), asked the obvious question & got an unexpected reply;

"As for build dates, your car is showing today BODY OFFLINE so it is almost a real Mustang at last! I will check again later in the week and see if it’s been GATE RELEASED, which will means it can finally start its (protracted) journey to us!"

I have asked for the VIN & a bit more detail about dates but from what I remember that status of "body offline" = built, next status should be "gate release".

EDIT - got VIN, found window sticker - build on 05/05/2017 :D

Fucking buzzing right now.

Anyone wanna buy an Ecoboost? Quick sale :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Casually emailing my dealer about the Eibach springs (which I have added to my order), asked the obvious question & got an unexpected reply;

"As for build dates, your car is showing today BODY OFFLINE so it is almost a real Mustang at last! I will check again later in the week and see if it’s been GATE RELEASED, which will means it can finally start its (protracted) journey to us!"

I have asked for the VIN & a bit more detail about dates but from what I remember that status of "body offline" = built, next status should be "gate release".

Quick sale... ÂŁ50? I'll forge our two engines to make Ecobadman Inline 8 Cylinder twin turbo. :headbonk:

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

Of course dealers know f&^% all.....:)

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Looks great!

What did you use to open the hexes?
A combo of: pilot drill and gradually opened up with larger drill bits, wire cutters, Stanley knife (to shave rough edges only), dremel milling bit, deburring tool and small flat files!! Basically everything in the toolbox:D A bit of a pain - plastic is pretty thick and not a lot of room for error:eyebulge:

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual

EDIT - got VIN, found window sticker - build on 05/05/2017 :D

Congrats to you [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] fantastic news and you will be behind the wheel in no time. :headbang:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase