No love for the 18 eco, need more Mod options

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Anyone else notice their is not much in the realm of mods for the 18 ecoboost's? Car has been out since October and still hardly anything. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough, perhaps not enough of a customer basis. When I check out products it always stops at 17. Come on vendors show some love for us.

Post if you want to see some more options for your 18, maybe if we get enough interest we will see more products sooner.
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Wonder what the production changes are (besides the 10 speed) that prevent the tried and true old mods from working :crazy:

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats because the engine is the same, so 99% of mods are 15-18 now, no need for new stuff because the engine is exactly the same.

GT engine got a minor rework, so its getting the new mods because the 15-17 parts dont fit, and they use that opportunity to tweak their design

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Driveshaft, springs, tunes, possibly intercooler, there are many things that do not carry over.

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Confused

Driveshaft, springs, tunes, possibly intercooler, there are many things that do not carry over.
Can you elaborate man? I get the ds on a10s might be different. And tunes yeah. But where are you hearing springs-magnaride cars aren't compatible? And ic? Genuinely curious as I bought the sr progressives for mine since am says they fit. The velossatech fit, airaid tube fit, airfilter fit, megan racing stb fit. Shift knob fit, premium pedals fit, premium sills fit:shrug:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I haven't seen anyone say the mag ride springs fit ecoboost properly. Every time I ask the question to a vendor I get ignored or told maybe. Currently the springs are meant for the gt's with magneride. Regarding intakes outside of a drop in filter, can't use an intake without a tune. Ic, no confirmation from vendors they are direct fit. Go on their websites none are updated for 18. I wasn't trying to bash anyone just want to see some more development that's all. Heck I was even told the other day by a driveshaft manufacturer that they are not looking to make one for the eco this time around. Will that change who knows. All I am saying is that I'm not seeing a lot of love outside of appearance mods.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Intakes can be used without a tune without issue. There's only a temp sensor in it, no MAF.

The Baby Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost
I have run into a few issues so far. CCV kit was a little different because of the connection ends.

As for tuning that is the hard part. Completely different architecture. As of last week Lund has nothing coming, Cobb is 2-3 months out, HP Tuners work but a lot of the fields aren't identified. We have a larger turbo on ours and working through the limited support, so are a few others.

A lot does carry over but make sure you confirm first so you aren't left with something that almost works.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Ford lists the same part number for the 2015-2018 intercooler, so theoretically an aftermarket cooler should fit the 18s. As far as tunes, it took Ford a while to bring the power pack to the 15-17s, I would think at a minimum they’ll bring a CAI and tune combo for the 18s, maybe for Christmas?

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
I have run into a few issues so far. CCV kit was a little different because of the connection ends.

As for tuning that is the hard part. Completely different architecture. As of last week Lund has nothing coming, Cobb is 2-3 months out, HP Tuners work but a lot of the fields aren't identified. We have a larger turbo on ours and working through the limited support, so are a few others.

A lot does carry over but make sure you confirm first so you aren't left with something that almost works.
what is the difference in turbo sizing from 15-17 to 18+?

Tuning the engine is one thing, but for those with the A10 I am curious what it will look like.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Doesn't that have more to do with hood/nose changes than engine changes?
Most likey - but as the OP has questioned - we’re now in almost June 2018 and there’s really nothing avail for the 2018’s in CAI or tunes, and these S550’s have been in public possession prior to Jan 2018.

No one has confirmed if the 2015-2017 aftermarket IC’s will even fit a 2018, because the front clip has changed; so one would think someone would have test fitted an IC to a 2018 by now...

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have reached out to some vendors, recentally a carbon fiber one and no love for the eco is the consensus I am getting. Don't get me wrong, I would still have got this car. I love it. I just would like to see more options out there. Half of the fun of modding is planing your build. Hard to do when there isn't much to work with. I did confirm that I can get a carbon fiber driveshaft for the price of a 17 driveshaft, problem is I would have to do my own measurements. I'm not willing to gamble $1400 on the off chance I screw up.

The point of this thread is to get people with the 18 to chime in, say what they would like to see, hopefully vendors will take notice and get to work.
Sponsored