Sponsored

2018 Mustang IPhone Holder

trumpetpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I hope this is the right forum for this - but I have tried about four different iPhone holders both with and without wireless charging. I have been focused on the ones that work with vents but they are either too loose or they make the vents spin around and drop the phone. I have tried to stay away from anything that can leave a mark like windshield mounts but maybe that’s the way to go. Any opinions would be appreciated
Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Look at Pro-Clip USA. I have one of their direct fit mounts clipped to my upper dash trim between two of the three round HVAC vents, and it holds my iPhone in a perfect and easy to reach location.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^Could I trouble you for a photo of your install? Pro-clip looks like something I could use...

OP
OP

trumpetpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the quick response - that looks perfect - ordered from Amazon with the mount for small cases, will let you know how it goes!

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^Thank you sir. Very nice. Do you cord the phone while in the mount? I'm wondering how to route the USB cable away from center stack controls...

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
^Thank you sir. Very nice. Do you cord the phone while in the mount? I'm wondering how to route the USB cable away from center stack controls...

Yeah I usually run it straight from the USB or 12V outlet down below the infotainment panel. Since that picture was taken I have upgraded to Sync 3 with a Premium bezel and moved the phone holder over to the passenger side so it can sit within reach but not get in my line of sight while I’m using either the Sync 3 navigation or Apple CarPlay.

OP
OP

trumpetpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered and arrived yesterday - well worth the money, I have finally found the best mount - rock solid!

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Oh, that's kind of what I have been thinking about. It puts that grate to some use.

I'm looking for a setup that has magnetic wireless but I haven't found one that looks like it would fit the car.

For a 2018 model it's surprising they haven't designed good phone mounting options into this car's design.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Why 2018 specific? 2015-2018 have the same interior.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
What are you using the phone for that you need to see it? I use my Apple Watch to play Pandora and can change songs etc etc with it. Not sure if you need maps or anything however.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Most of the time for navigation. The maps on my Sync2 are so outdated that they donβ€˜t include any of the new roads in my area and i cannot get newer ones right now.