Boost Box Omega

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Anybody got a review on this yet for accuracy? Bueller?
Sponsored

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Really sorry on the lack of updates. So someone on one of the FB groups I'm on installed it and said it's pretty accurate after you do the secondary calibration. I didn't get around to installing it because one of my coolant lines rubbed on the turbo piping and started leaking, so that took up my attention instead. We found a spot to mount it though so it's out of the way. I'll probably snake the plug so it runs up and sits in the glove box. I will do my best to have it done by Saturday at the latest.

Whtvans550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I have installed mine and it works just trying to see what the conversion is from volts to psi. at idle it’s -8.1xx and then under Boost the highest I have seen is 11.15 around 7400 I assume it’s volts and not Boost can’t figure if it’s possible to make it read like the older units psi/hg. I have calibrated it to the current way they want it.

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I have installed mine and it works just trying to see what the conversion is from volts to psi. at idle it’s -8.1xx and then under Boost the highest I have seen is 11.15 around 7400 I assume it’s volts and not Boost can’t figure if it’s possible to make it read like the older units psi/hg. I have calibrated it to the current way they want it.
Are you using ngauge or sct? I’m wondering if it reads vac at idle as well. If it does, you’re definitely seeing volts displayed. Should have 20-25 mmhg at idle.

Shadow5_0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

Were you able to figure out how to get the boost to read as psi instead of bolts?

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

Shadow5_0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Yeah those are the instructions that come with the kit. It still reads I’m volts the vacuum/boost isn’t reading correctly on the guage. It read around -8 at idle.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hold up, Are you saying that the older ones could be off? I have a boost box and i also have a GFB Gforce 2 and they are off by 1.5-2 psi. Ive always just went with the boost box numbers because lund tuned it.
Which one reads higher the boost box or GFB 2 ?

xxchieferxx

lol@ mpg
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
which line did you guys tap into for your whipple setup? where did you route your vac line into the cabin through? Any pictures would be awesome. I know this isn't a hard install but i just want to see some clean setups.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
which line did you guys tap into for your whipple setup? where did you route your vac line into the cabin through? Any pictures would be awesome. I know this isn't a hard install but i just want to see some clean setups.
Use one of the spare ports on the manifold, they have 1/8 NPT plugs on them already. Take a plug out and thread in your 1/8th NPT to barb adapter and run that line to the MAP sensor.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I have one of these and it does not appear to read correctly. I sent it back to Lund and they say it's in spec. I'm waiting for it to come back, but am confident it will still not read accurately.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have one of these and it does not appear to read correctly. I sent it back to Lund and they say it's in spec. I'm waiting for it to come back, but am confident it will still not read accurately.
What makes you think it's not reading correctly, are you comparing it to a boost gauge reading ? I ask as I've just ordered one.

xxchieferxx

lol@ mpg
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I hope i dont have any issues with mine. I just installed my gen 3 whipple qnd just have this boost box to install.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
What makes you think it's not reading correctly, are you comparing it to a boost gauge reading ? I ask as I've just ordered one.
I'm comparing it to the minimum boost I should expect from the procharger. My build thread has more detail.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just wanted to update this thread regarding the Lund boost box omega, I installed my box this weekend and after entering the values from the website it read - 9.657 @ idle which is not accurate. My value for the calculation was 1.01 I also have a GFB II boost controller and plumbed in a mechanical boost gauge for reference, at WOT the readings were as follows :

GFB II = 15.2 psi
Boost box omega = 14.7 -15.25 psi
Mechanical boost gauge = 15.5 psi

So as you can see from the results all 3 are very close in the readings the Lund box may not read accurate at idle but it is accurate under WOT and that's all that matters as I can read vacuum on my GFB II or the PP gauges which read the same 21 - 22 inches at idle.
Sponsored