Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking for a lightly used 2016-2018 GT350 for a while. It appears that 95% of what is available comes with the Recaros vs the convenience pkg with leather seats. My wife and I sat in the recaros and they are just a no go for us. Too bolstered and difficult to get in and out for a daily driver.
I currently own a 2016 GT premium and really love the leather heated and cooled seats, along with the memory option.. when you turn off the car it moves the seat back so you can get out easily and when turning on the accessory button the seat moves back to where you need to be...
That being said I wanted to ask a few questions:
1. those who own the leather seats- are they comfortable? especially for longer drives cross country...any drawbacks?
2. are there any memory options/settings?
3. Any options out there for swapping out the recaros for leather seats? I understand that the power option would most likely be gone...
4. Anyone in the Wisconsin area that owns a gt350 with leather seats that I could see/sit in? Was going to take a look at one at a dealership but it sold before I could get there. No others that are very close...
thanks for the input...
Sponsored

Bink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
1. Very comfortable. They have just enough support to keep you in the seat during "spirited driving" but are not too bad to get in and out of. I've only taken hour drives in mine and they didn't cause me any discomfort. I am on the taller side (6'2") and the only thing I don't like is where the seat belt sits (with and without using the guide strap). I really like the cooling feature, since most of the time I have the windows down.

2. Nope. Manual says they have memory recline, but heck if I can figure that one out.

3. Not sure on this one, thought I read somewhere that the wiring is there, but I could be wrong...

4. Yes, there are several of us crazy Wisconsin people on here. My car is covered in the garage, but I am sure I could arrange a visit...

-Bink

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the response.
You may want to look into those seat belt attachements that snap unto the belt itself and redirect where the seat belt sits. My wife is on the smaller side and she complains all the time that the belt is rubbing on her neck; i am 5'6" and mine fit perfectly. I planned on picking one up for her regardless of which Mustang I own.
I appreciate the offer to see your setup... I will see how my schedule goes after the holidays.
I have been a bit discouraged by the lukewarm response from some dealers on taking my 2016 in trade... apparently they don't want it to sit during the winter and really low balled me. I thought of selling it myself but I am in the same boat as I would most likely have to wait until spring to get serious inquiries. I am also a bit fearful that once the 2018's come out with all the hype my GT will drop in price even more. As it stands now they are offering me in the low 20's (23-24k). I put some work into it which I understand you don't always recoup that. I have a nice corsa exhaust installed, but did not keep the stock one so I would have to do a swap with someone if I sold it. Almost wished I had waiting another year and been patient for the 350's to drop down from those ridiculous ADM's to msrp and below

Last edited:

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
No power seat memory feature. I think the seats are comfortable and my wife (who was critical of the 12 GT premium seats) thinks so also. Only issue I have is wear on the side bolsters from entering/leaving. Since I commute to work in mine 3 days/wk, I keep a slip on cover on it and a piece of cloth under it to protect the bolster from rubbing. Even with all that I make a serious effort to get in and out without sliding on the bolster which is kind of a pain. But what are you going to do if you want a performance car with somewhat supportive driving seats?

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You will still have power and the airbags will still work, that harness is in the Recaro cars as well. You will lose the heated / cooled option if you replace your Recaro's with the Convenience Package seats however. Recaro cars are missing that harness, I was not able to get an answer from Ford Performance on what it would take to work up your own after the fact. I went the other way, took out the Convenience Package seats and installed Recaro's that I bought from a member here. My heating / cooling harness just sits under the seat unused.

If you want to pursue the Convenience Package seats I have a set here with about 1,000 miles on them that I've been meaning to put up for sale, just haven't done it yet.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I enjoy my sofa seats. I'm a bigger guy, not huge but 6'1", 235 lbs and I fit in the seats fine. If you want a 2017 white with blue stripes PM me. Seriously considering selling the car. Love it, zero issues, but kind of over the $1,000 a month note. 5,8xx miles original owner. Never tracked but driven hard but not abused.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Most of the early 2017's came with sofa seats till Ford ran out in November/December of 2016. Just buy set of seats out of a wrecked GT. The heat/AC and memory won't work, but airbag and power will. Probably be able to sell the Recaro's for more than the GT seats will cost. only 4 bolts. Lots of wrecked mustang parts on ebay.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the early 2017's came with sofa seats till Ford ran out in November/December of 2016. Just buy set of seats out of a wrecked GT. The heat/AC and memory won't work, but airbag and power will. Probably be able to sell the Recaro's for more than the GT seats will cost. only 4 bolts. Lots of wrecked mustang parts on ebay.
thanks for the reply... I was just unsure with the gt350 differences in body style that the regular GT seats would work. Ideally I would love to be able to find the right car and keep the heated/cooled option but will keep this in mind.

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
I've driven my '16 from MN to FL to MN to FL and love the seats. I'm picking up my '18 and doing the drive again from MN to FL in about a week and I'm sure it will be just as good.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with OP those recaros are not meant for daily in-and-outs..I got short legs and its even harder for a guy like me (5'7)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've driven my '16 from MN to FL to MN to FL and love the seats. I'm picking up my '18 and doing the drive again from MN to FL in about a week and I'm sure it will be just as good.
that is just what I wanted to hear as I am planning some longer trips. How has your gas mileage been by the way on those long trips? I've heard you can achieve 21+ when taking it easy in 6th... I have these visions of getting stuck out in the desert somewhere miles from a gas station on route 66... then having to play the role of "The Road Warrior" and siphon some gas from a poor suspecting passerby
:headbang::D:lol:

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with OP those recaros are not meant for daily in-and-outs..I got short legs and its even harder for a guy like me (5'7)
yeah, I knew the instant I test drove my first GT350, a used Track Pack that the Recaros weren't going to cut it... I have to manually pull the seat back just to get in and out. Otherwise I would have to be a contorsionist to weave my way in....

482supersnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Where can I confirm this? I've used the search tab but haven't seen anything that would confirm this.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
You should be able to get a great deal on a gently used 2016 Tech Pack, which all come with the Heated/Cooled seats. I sold mine, not long ago, for an R.

Pros:
Very comfortable, great for long trips.
Heated seats!
Cooled seats!
Power seats!

Cons:
Should've came with the power memory settings.
Don't hold you that well on the racetrack.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Where can I confirm this? I've used the search tab but haven't seen anything that would confirm this.
You find any discussion about it. I've been swapping seats and I've got shop manual. I guess one way to confirm it is to go to a ford parts page pick a favorite year like 2017 mustang and look the parts that make seat. All power seats are built on the same frame and you can see the different harness parts.
Sponsored