Sponsored

3.7 Belt/alternator noise on cold start?

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Hey guys!

(Apologies if this has been addressed on the forums already)

So I used to own the 2012 3.7 and on cold starts i would always hear a squealing/whine coming from the engine bay

this is a video i found on youtube with the same exact problem:
[ame]

Well I brought it to ford 3 times!!! and some how they could never re create it...lol even though it literally happend every morning when i would go to work

so I said screw it and just put up with it for the couple years I had the car....well here it is again accept this time in my 2015 3.7. what the hell is this noise lol obviously it's related to the cyclone engine because i don't believe i've ever heard a GT or an ECO make this noise.

belt/alternator?

anyone successfully get it fixed?
Sponsored

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Mine does it also. I think it's the belt. Some belt manufacturers are switching over to EDPM synthetic rubber.

OP
OP
BMachine

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
well i'll address it next time i'm in for an oil change. we'll see if i can get it resolved and if they know what causes it...i'll update you all if i get it fixed!

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
I had this on my '14 v6 FYI.. definitely something with that 3.7 motor. Lots of people seem to have it, I would call it normal.

It goes away once warm.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMachine

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
I had this on my '14 v6 FYI.. definitely something with that 3.7 motor. Lots of people seem to have it, I would call it normal.

It goes away once warm.
Yeah, i don't think there's any harm in the noise but it is kind of embarrassing/frustrating when I buy a brand new car and i start it up to hear squealing. I'll see what ford says, and if its something that can be taken care of

salars412

StangSal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Roush RS - Guard - 051A
What did the dealer say, any updates? Were you able to get it fixed? I am experiencing the exact same problem on my 2015 V6 Mustang too, does the same thing every once in a while on a cold start

yamilselman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Hi guys,

Mine is a New Mustang 2016 v6 and does a similar sound on a cold start, when it warms up goes away.

Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Does not sound like the belt itself to me (although the mentioned TSB suggests changing the belt and the belt tensioner). A belt usually sounds way more harsh.

Cheers
Falk

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Yes my 2015 V-6 makes a noise like a belt squeak when cold. Only does it occasionally.

yamilselman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
somebody has fix this ? or has taken the car to the dealer to see what is causing this issue ?. I want to know that the dealer says or what is the root cause of this.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I get a whine every once in a while when I start it up, I live in south Florida though and it has happened at a range of temperatures, not just recently with the cooler weather.
Sponsored