Sponsored

test drove a GT PP today but car was in Transport Mode, no POWER

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Can anyone explain this? the sales guy said the cars have a programmable second key to limit speed etc i wonder if he grabbed the wrong key or if this Transport mode means the car needed to be prepped and set up.

the car just came off the truck and said transport mode on the instrument cluster with an alert.

anyone comment on this? I still enjoyed the drive and it was pouring out but i really wanted to feel the 5.0 :shrug:
Sponsored

RussTKD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
"We have long known about GT500s not producing full boost until they are driven for a while. However, it is interesting that the new Mustang also has a Transport/Factory mode to ensure it isn’t involved in any shennanigans between Flat Rock and your driveway. However, if your car isn’t acting quite right, this mode might be the culprit and it will show up on the information display."

“Your vehicle is still in Transport or Factory mode. This may not allow some features to operate properly. See an authorized dealer,” says the manual.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That's actually super comforting to know about!^

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-spd DIB
I've never heard of this.

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Guys actually whatever it was it limited throttle, i floored the pedal and it probally wouldnt go past 25% engine power, kinda sucked to be honest. I thought the dealer took a special valet key because of the rain but it appears Transport mode might be what limited it today. the sales guy never even driven one before or knew how to turn it off transport mode.

I think its a great feature for parking garages and valets if you ask me.

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Can we ask our dealer to keep it in transport mode until it's ready for pickup?
I don't want someone testing it's limits without a proper break-in. That's my job.

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Can we ask our dealer to keep it in transport mode until it's ready for pickup?
I don't want someone testing it's limits without a proper break-in. That's my job.
i agree i still hope someone can shed light on this feature or mode.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Alot of the newer cars have this... well, my Audi had a valet key which also limits performance

Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is not MyKey or a valet mode.

The car was definitely still in "factory" mode.

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i agree i still hope someone can shed light on this feature or mode.
The cars do have a "factory" mode while it is still getting all of the necessary installations and software flashes.

Dealership should have a process that can get it out of factory mode (used to know it by heart, can't remember it now...)

If dealership doesn't have it, will have to call Flat Rock.

TL;DR: Yes, the car is still in "factory" mode.

Light=shed.

K-Loader

Dan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT/PP/10A Crimson
I learned this weekend that the Line Lock function is disabled when the cars are delivered. Salesman told me it was to prevent people from testing the feature on a test drives. He indicated you have to have both key fobs in the car to enable it (not to use it).

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"We have long known about GT500s not producing full boost until they are driven for a while. However, it is interesting that the new Mustang also has a Transport/Factory mode to ensure it isn’t involved in any shennanigans between Flat Rock and your driveway. However, if your car isn’t acting quite right, this mode might be the culprit and it will show up on the information display."

“Your vehicle is still in Transport or Factory mode. This may not allow some features to operate properly. See an authorized dealer,” says the manual.
^^^^^^^^
Man, that is super cool. I feel alot better now! Just hope theres no issues after the vehicle is delivered.
Sponsored