Sponsored

Ford ESP plan to cover worst case - thoughts and clarification?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yeah the prices on flood ford are like 3 times as much as they were before.
Not for my 2015 GT ... maybe so for the GT350. Just ran the same quote I bought back in June and it only went up $20.
Sponsored

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
just realized why that is. GT350R cost x2.5 more than GT350....

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
just realized why that is. GT350R cost x2.5 more than GT350....
Flood Ford's on-line tool shows the "Ford Mustang GT350/GT350R" in the same pull down category. I don't see a separate breakout between the R and non-R GT350s.

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I used Anderson Koch...

on Flood's, it means their GT350 quote is outrageous then. But their GT350R is about the same as the rest (also tried Champion and few others)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Extended service or warranty plans are almost never a good deal. The people who sell these plans are in business to make money.

So if your goal is to spend the least money, don't buy one. If you are over-extended on the car and absolutely won't be able to afford any problems - even after 3 or 5 years owning it when the warranty is done - how can you afford the warranty plan?

Of course it's your money to spend as you choose, but ESP or extended warranties are typically not a good buy.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Extended service or warranty plans are almost never a good deal. The people who sell these plans are in business to make money.

So if your goal is to spend the least money, don't buy one. If you are over-extended on the car and absolutely won't be able to afford any problems - even after 3 or 5 years owning it when the warranty is done - how can you afford the warranty plan?

Of course it's your money to spend as you choose, but ESP or extended warranties are typically not a good buy.
Yeah I think everyone knows that. For the right price Id get one though. Example if my car after 5 years needed an engine at 20K that would be the end of the car Id pay 2K to not worry about that.

Flat Rock Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

I agree with you 100% on everything I've ever purchased, from TV's to hot tubs and even cars...except this one. Just by virtue of the fact that we have a Voodoo is enough for me and if I get to the point where I track my car extensively, then it'll be damn well worth it for the peace of mind. Expensive, yes...guess I just consider it to be an added "option" to the price of owning a street legal race car.

Sponsored

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I meant Koch
the sales guy is super busy.

just checked the big ones, Flood, Koch, Ziegler. They all now charge ~$2,300 for GT350:

48k miles
zero deductible
8 years.

someone must of happened recently.......

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Something looks very strange. I just noticed after checking a couple of days ago the prices today are way higher on the Flood website. Wondering if anybody has noticed how cheap it was a couple of days ago? I guess I should have jumped considering it was like $600 for a $200Ded on 6yr 75k for premium care.

https://www.floodfordesp.com

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Something looks very strange. I just noticed after checking a couple of days ago the prices today are way higher on the Flood website. Wondering if anybody has noticed how cheap it was a couple of days ago? I guess I should have jumped considering it was like $600 for a $200Ded on 6yr 75k for premium care.

https://www.floodfordesp.com
You are correct. After seeing this thread earlier today, I checked Koch and for GT350 for five years, 60,000 miles with zero deductible it was just over $800. I just checked again and now it's $1665. Something stinks. Looks like maybe Ford is bleeding too much $$$$ with all the chronic warranty issues and they are trying to recoup.

Just checked Flood and the same coverage is $2095.

OP
OP
Lilby

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You are correct. After seeing this thread earlier today, I checked Koch and for GT350 for five years, 60,000 miles with zero deductible it was just over $800. I just checked again and now it's $1665. Something stinks. Looks like maybe Ford is bleeding too much $$$$ with all the chronic warranty issues and they are trying to recoup.

Just checked Flood and the same coverage is $2095.
I thought you had to be crazy, so I just went and configured the same plan I just paid $1,155 for earlier today, it's now $2,960. I made my purchase just short of 10 hours ago.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have FMPP on my GT350, they cover brake rotors that are 300$ each, and as you know they cant be machined, have to be replaced. I learned the other day you get unlimited wiper blade replacements, ford put a newly designed ones for me
Sponsored