Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The shaft is not the answer, I had a 1 piece perfectly balanced aluminum shaft put on mine, it did absolutely nothing.
It has to be balanced on the car with the pinion flange since it is all spinning together. FSE who worked on my car said 1 pinion flange had better run out specs but the other one balanced better.
My car changes daily depending on temp, weight and alignment of the planets. It's just crazy.
Sponsored

markw24

markw24
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I know they need to figure out a fix......one of three muscle cars on the market and the design has it's head .......well you know the rest.

VictorK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2 with Supercharger
Is it better now then when you 1st took it to them? Steeda makes their own ds in pompano they will make sure its right if you buy one from them!
After the first time I picked it improved but was still there, it got worse over the next 100 miles to the point where it was rattling my teeth, so I took it back. This time it is basically the same but happens at different speeds. The vibration was from 62 thru 79, now it is from 55 thru 85.

If it is the DS why would the car start vibrating at 10k miles? Why did it not vibrate from day 1. Of my the 10k miles 80% are on the highway at speeds of 75 to 80.

If I was convince it was the DS I would order one today.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
yeah the irs assembly may be moving over time causing the drive-line to be misaligned so the steeda alignment kit should help....i have a kit still in the packaging i intend to use it but not till spring. my situation is my stock ds never vibrated at any speed then i did my build and added an aluminum ds now it vibrates slightly but its livable, most of the time i never notice it.

markw24

markw24
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
The ford exscape has irs. They got that right. But they can't build this in a performance car?????? Maybe we should all save 30,000 + and buy one of those.

Sponsored

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
After the first time I picked it improved but was still there, it got worse over the next 100 miles to the point where it was rattling my teeth, so I took it back. This time it is basically the same but happens at different speeds. The vibration was from 62 thru 79, now it is from 55 thru 85.

If it is the DS why would the car start vibrating at 10k miles? Why did it not vibrate from day 1. Of my the 10k miles 80% are on the highway at speeds of 75 to 80.

If I was convince it was the DS I would order one today.
Perhaps a balancing weight came off your DS. The rear-half of my DS has 4 balancing weights on it from the factory. If one of them came off, it would create a vibration and noise immediately. Did your car go from being smooth and quiet, to noisy and or vibrating all at once, or did it happen gradually? A small weight or imperfection makes a big difference in DS balance.

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
I have been on this thread since the beginning. I have a 2015 Mustang with the vibration problem.I was just thinking....FORD SERVICE used to monitor this thread and tell people to contact them with their info and VIN and they would help. FORD SERVICE has not been on this thread for many months why is that?

markw24

markw24
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
888 mustang.

Sorry guys and gals not sure how to quote.

Ford Serivice has been on this site as they contacted me and are working with me like clock work. My hat is off to FORD CS They have been most helpful. I will say I have been bounced around between different Case mangers But. They say they will call on a certain date and They DO!!!! The only complaint I have so far is NO ANSWERS. As i stated in earlier post, ANSWER: Old school trouble shooting. changing out parts with the same ones manufactured that same way is only prolonging the issue. The parts they are putting on could be bad as well. grasping at straws and hoping you get the right piece to cure it doesn't cut it. FSE is not going to admit they missed the nail the first time. That would cost way to much money. I apologize to anyone offended by my opinion. I could have spent 30G's on a truck, instead I spent 30 on a...............

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Because it's a total failed design. Trade in when the warranty is up guys. How do they fuck up one of the best looking cars out there? Ford Service quit chiming in cause there is NO real solution. I had a great dealer totally fix my car... and it came back days later.... What does that tell you? It was TOTALLY fixed I swear on my child's life....

markw24

markw24
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I'm not so sure i'll wait till the warranty is up. Ether way i'll loose money on this one.

Sponsored

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
can anyone confirm that using steeda replacement parts negates or severely reduces the vibration problem?

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I squared my IRS Cradle and installed the Steeda IRS braces and the vibration has not been back in months and now that I got it fixed Ford ib Buying back my car due to a knocking engine that they already replaced the shortblock on once.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
can anyone confirm that using steeda replacement parts negates or severely reduces the vibration problem?
It depends on the source of the vibrations. If it's because of IRS alignment issues the Steeda parts will make a much bigger difference than if it's DS/flange related. The issue you are going to run head long into tho is Ford & the FSE's will REFUSE warranty work on the car with the Steeda stuff in place.

I had to remove all my Steeda mods before they would touch mine. Of course, that just made it worse & they put the stuff all back on, but it delayed any real PD by 2 weeks.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
It depends on the source of the vibrations. If it's because of IRS alignment issues the Steeda parts will make a much bigger difference than if it's DS/flange related. The issue you are going to run head long into tho is Ford & the FSE's will REFUSE warranty work on the car with the Steeda stuff in place.

I had to remove all my Steeda mods before they would touch mine. Of course, that just made it worse & they put the stuff all back on, but it delayed any real PD by 2 weeks.
Exactly. They kept my car for 4 days and refused to listen to the engine knock because I had an oil air separator.

markw24

markw24
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I'm not making any mods to mine for this reason. They will not have anything to complain about if it comes to then buying mine back. Big question is how much will I loose. Only owned it two months.
Sponsored