Sponsored

17 gt base to 15 mft screen and apim

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
So I found a guy that had a screen and apim from a 15 gt I wasn't aware they.were different now i know better my question is should I sell this and buy a sync3 or just use it I paid $200 for the pair and got the vin. He said the car had navigation it was a 401a optioned car is what he said so I'm not sure. Does anyone have any opinions on what I should do? Also does anyone know where to pick up the wiring kits for the lighted door sill plates I looked at blue oval and it looked like u just got wire and no connectors.
IMG_40271.jpg
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Sell it and get a sync 3. MFT is outdated, wont get updates etc.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
It's better than what you've got, but as 5pointOh correctly points out, it's outdated and unlikely to be updated by Ford.

Spend the money and get a non-nav Sync 3 apim; you can run Android Auto or Carplay to get on-screen maps, and the system will enjoy updates from Ford until a new one comes online.

OP
OP

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Can I use the screen and buy just the apim? What's this apim worth and does it have andriod?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I use the screen and buy just the apim? What's this apim worth and does it have andriod?
No. You can probably get 100-200 for the sync 2 apim/screen(check ebay to verify). Only Sync 3 has Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Is the wiring the same? And does mft have nav but just old maps?

OP
OP

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
What im getting at is how hard would it be to run the mft then switch to sync3 when i get the money. And does anyone know anyone who makes the wiring kit? Also for the new bezel is there a premium one that doesn't have dual zone and seat heater stuff. I've seen the gt350 ones will work but can't find them. Last thing is can u make the driving modes work?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
What im getting at is how hard would it be to run the mft then switch to sync3 when i get the money. And does anyone know anyone who makes the wiring kit? Also for the new bezel is there a premium one that doesn't have dual zone and seat heater stuff. I've seen the gt350 ones will work but can't find them. Last thing is can u make the driving modes work?
The APIM and the screen are the same unit.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can get a recaro bezel that doesnt have the heated/cooled seats but they all have the dual climate control. You do gain the auto climate control, just not dual zone with the swap. [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] makes the plug and play harness for the Sync 3 swap. Everything you need is in the Sync 3 swap thread on the first page.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Is the sync3 wiring same as the my ford touch and how hard would it be to use it then switch to the sync3 later when I find a good deal on one I've found all 3 things out of a gt350 the CD player the screen and apim and the amp. Also how hard is it to put in the shaker amp?

OP
OP

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Is there a vendor that sells the kits for everything on here?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Is there a vendor that sells the kits for everything on here?
There are a couple. We used www.4dtech.com to upgrade the 8" MyFord Touch system in my wife's Escape to Sync 3.

They have several products for the Mustang, including a complete system to upgrade a 4" base system to a full-blown Sync 3, but it ain't cheap.

OP
OP

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Yea that's what I've noticed I'm contemplating just going with an aftermarket head unit and saving some money

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Yea that's what I've noticed I'm contemplating just going with an aftermarket head unit and saving some money
Another option is to keep your eye out for a used Sync 3 APIM. Sometimes you can find one on eBay. Here's one for example.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-SYNC-3...ash=item3d5caa3743:g:IioAAOSwZpRap-L2&vxp=mtr

Once you have one you can reprogram it for your car yourself. There's a pretty good guide for doing it here:

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/93641-sync-2-sync-3-upgrade.html
Sponsored