Sponsored

Nothing but issues with my tunes

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
So I'm going to leave the company that tuned my car out of it until I figure out if it's the tune or something else. So I'm currently in Germany and bought a JLT intake plus tuner. I installed the tunes a few weeks ago and have had nothing but issues. Plus when I write back to identify the issues it takes a week or more to send new ones that still don't fix the issue. When I'm getting on the autobahn in say 4th or 5th gear it's like the throttle just dies after a certain RPM and stays there. I can't even accelerate it will just stay at say 50mph with 4000 or whatever RPM's and not go any faster until I downshift. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear will pull good. If I go through all the gears sometimes it will cut out and sometimes it won't. This same company even sent me some new tunes yesterday on Friday and of course they sent 1 my 93 octane tune that won't even show up on the SCT uploader. So I gave the 91 tune a shot and still same throttle cut as before. I'll triple check all the connections but it's such a simple install I doubt anything is wrong. I checked them yesterday as well and nothing was loose. If any suggestions please let me know because waiting weeks or more to fix something and still not fixing it is not making me a happy camper especially since I've dropped a good 3 grand with this company in the past couple months. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shouldn't be, I've never had it on valet before. Also it will run good usually through 1-3rd. I'm not sure what valet does but it shouldn't just affect 4th or 5th.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Is this the SCTX4 tuner?

OP
OP

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup it's the X4, it's been updated and did this before and after the update

Sponsored

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Yup it's the X4, it's been updated and did this before and after the update
Did you update the x4 completely before loading the aftermarket cal the first time? And are you loading the ford factory cal back directly in its entirety prior flashing another "revised" cal?

OP
OP

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you update the x4 completely before loading the aftermarket cal the first time? And are you loading the ford factory cal back directly in its entirety prior flashing another "revised" cal?
Yes, I flashed the computer back to stock, updated the X4, loaded the new tunes and put the new tunes into the PCM. I returned everything back to stock except taking the JLT off the car and putting the factory back on. Just doesn't make sense to me why it runs through some gears fine at WOT, and then sometimes just cuts fuel and sticks to a certain RPM. I'll try and upload the video I took earlier.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
There are options within the SCT device to set the rev limiter in both neutral and in gear. Also there is an adjustable top speed limiter. Connect the SCT and look at the options available.

OP
OP

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll give that a look tomorrow, it'll redline through 1-3 and will go higher in 4-5. If you watch the video you'll see its in the same gear and after a couple letting off and hitting it to the floor it finally wants to kick in. Really confused about all of this.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Just to clarify with a stock tune the car does not do this correct? That is very odd it is like the car is rev controlling itself almost like a speed limiter. It holds RPM perfectly, I would contact LUND for a tune thru Beefcake Racing. He will take good care of you.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Just to clarify with a stock tune the car does not do this correct? That is very odd it is like the car is rev controlling itself almost like a speed limiter. It holds RPM perfectly, I would contact LUND for a tune thru Beefcake Racing. He will take good care of you.

Jon Lund is the actual creator of the tune, Beefcake is just the vendor. If you buy a Lund tune your updates come from Lund himself so you don't need to go through Beefcake or whichever vendor you originally did business with.