Sponsored

The Dilemma. Anyone else selling a loved car to get a Mustang?

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Any regrets on losing that one, @AussieGreg? Looks mint.
And look, its got a spare with jack! :)

Scott no I have not. I have come to the realization that I can only justify having one Mustang in the Garage to be fair to my family. It is time for the 1970 to find a New Custodian to car for it. And yes it does have a spare being the original which is like a little spacesaver spare compared to what's on the car
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Not getting rid of any of ours...it does create a bigger parking problem. I will be storing a couple elsewhere. Just not excited about paying insurance on five vehicles. At least I can do seasonal rego on three of them.

Last edited:

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Not getting rid of any of ours...it does create a bigger parking problem. I will be storing a couple elsewhere. Just not excited about paying insurance on five vehicles. At least I can do seasonable rego on three of them.
The CTP Greenslip/rego is the killer IMHO. NRMA has introduced me to the 'classic' insurance - for cars that are older than 15 years and travel low K's - I'll switch to that for my non-Mustang keepers which should save me some cash... but the rego... greenslips went up this year too!

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Yup, selling my 69 Mach1, there is an ad on this forum with details.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Not getting rid of any of ours...it does create a bigger parking problem. I will be storing a couple elsewhere. Just not excited about paying insurance on five vehicles. At least I can do seasonal rego on three of them.
Dito Bob, up to 5 with the newbie whenever she arrives. Tend to get way too emotionally attached to our cars.
Such a shame two of you guys on here are selling Mach 1's! They are only going to go up in value now for sure with the new models coming into Oz. Don't do it - hide them somewhere please. . .

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Dito Bob, up to 5 with the newbie whenever she arrives. Tend to get way too emotionally attached to our cars.
Such a shame two of you guys on here are selling Mach 1's! They are only going to go up in value now for sure with the new models coming into Oz. Don't do it - hide them somewhere please. . .
Agreed Anne....they need to squirrel them away somewhere.....I would have loved to have kept a number of the cars I have moved on over the years....would need a damn big shed though.

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Trying to Sell my Audi with 350KW+ at all 4 which is still quicker than upcoming mustang, but its not modern or as refined.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
There's no way I'd be giving up a '70 Mach 1 for a new Mustang, especially in that condition! (each to their own of course) People will be admiring and jealous of you owning such a car long after the S550 becomes just another reasonably interesting car sold in Australia. Please don't do it :).

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Agreed Anne....they need to squirrel them away somewhere.....I would have loved to have kept a number of the cars I have moved on over the years....would need a damn big shed though.
You two got room? Just buy mine...:cheers:

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
... if only it was in AU and I wasn't about to spend up all my spare cash on a renovation :/

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
I had to Google what a Liberty is. They're called Legacy in NZ (like Japan). Only Liberty I'd seen before was in Canada - that's what they call the Cherokee there.

Anyway, this reminded me that back when we ordered the Mustang the plan was to downsize to 2 modern cars. To that end it replaced a 2005 Boxster S, which was all but unused for the 5 months or so after I bought my Ranger until it was sold before Christmas, and then my partner's Audi S4 Avant went 3 days before the Mustang arrived.

I don't miss the (manual) Boxster at all, especially now I can drive a manual Mustang, and I don't miss the S4 at all as, even though it felt at least as fast as the Mustang (so far) it was auto.

[MENTION=13821]Kade744[/MENTION] I have an S1000R which I love to bits. I didn't try the RR; I'm too old for clip ons. Hopefully it was the ease of damaging one of them enough to be a write off rather than a really big crash.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
I'll be selling my 08 Honda Accord Euro for the Mustang. Its been a great car as it is a 6 speed manual in the luxury with sat nav model. My daughter wants to buy it so it will stay in the family.

Kade744

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kade
Vehicle(s)
Company Car/ BMW S1000RR
[MENTION=13821]Kade744[/MENTION] I have an S1000R which I love to bits. I didn't try the RR; I'm too old for clip ons. Hopefully it was the ease of damaging one of them enough to be a write off rather than a really big crash.

[MENTION=22624]Fen[/MENTION] - mate you have great taste, the perfect stripes on your manual v8 stang and an s-thou :cool: (I've sent pictures of your car to the guy doing mine! I'm in queenstown at the moment but if I was in the north island I would ask to come see yours for sure!)

And yep nothing too serious, I put it down the street at about 60kms - just lost it in the wet, over corrected and high sided :headbonk: ground through the engine casing while sliding 40 odd meters down the road. I stopped after about 30m when I hit a parked car :/ I came out of it ok, nothing broken just sore ribs/hip hands and knees etc :thumbsup:

I would have thought they would be a fairly rare bike over here?! there are some amazing roads to enjoy :D

Reactions: Fen

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Just remember, these Mustangs are being sold all over the world. Although we'd like to think they are, there's nothing special about them and there are and will be many around. Unlike the old days where production of muscle versions while not exclusive was a lot less, these will be common folks and likely not worth much in the future because of it.
So, If you have a car you love, especially an old muscle car I'd give that some serious thought.
Sponsored