Sponsored

deep catback

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I agree, I love the sound of those Kooks long tubes but am too worried about warranty to take the plunge.

My hope is that the Corsa x-pipe adds a bit of the 'wail' but is more 'composed' than a straight resonator delete.
It is.

By the way, adding long tubes and removing cats makes the car INSANELY loud. IN. SANE. LY. LOUD. It also raises the pitch quite a bit due to the longer header primaries.
Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I agree, I love the sound of those Kooks long tubes but am too worried about warranty to take the plunge.

My hope is that the Corsa x-pipe adds a bit of the 'wail' but is more 'composed' than a straight resonator delete.
I could not agree more. Maybe it’s getting older but in my younger days I’d not even blink at divingbinto a new car. Now I don’t want to do anything that will void the engine warranty. I’ll take some lesser risks like the shifter but to chicken shit to risk the Voodoo.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There's almost no risk involved with installing long tube headers in terms of engine durability. If anything it helps durability due to scavanging. Remember, headers don't ADD power like a supercharger, they FREE UP power, effectively taking off some strain on the engine as it requires less energy to evacuate exhaust gasses.

However, I have my own reasons why I won't install long tubes on this car.

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There's almost no risk involved with installing long tube headers in terms of engine durability. If anything it helps durability due to scavanging. Remember, headers don't ADD power like a supercharger, they FREE UP power, effectively taking off some strain on the engine as it requires less energy to evacuate exhaust gasses.

However, I have my own reasons why I won't install long tubes on this car.
While true, I'm not sure how Ford would view it if an engine issue arose. Also, wouldn't long tubes require a tune to see gains? This is what I consider the greatest threat to my warranty (unless Ford Performance decides to offer a tune that keeps the warranty intact).

If you don't mind sharing, why won't you install long tubes?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've taken my 2011 Mustang GT into the dealership before. They saw them and were like "meh". It's all about how you go about it with the dealership. If you go in and are trying to be super sneaky or something like that then yeah, they're going to not appreciate that. In fact I had an issue with hood and they saw my intake and headers and the master tech was like "woah...VERY nice headers!" I still got my warranty done on my hood and they also checked for any other service bulletins for my engine despite the fact I was CLEARLY modified. It was so insanely loud too when they would cold start it in the shop. I had Kooks long tubes, high flow cats, no resonators, and Borla ATAK axlebacks.

Long tubes don't necessarily require a tune to see gains. Does it help? Of course. 2011+ Mustangs have wide band front O2 sensors though and they compensate their fuel and spark map for what they see upstream. Coyotes often see 15 RWHP on long tubes without a tune. Tune it and you'll see gains on the tune PLUS 20 - 25 on the headers. Cars with narrow band O2 sensors typically risk leaning out a bit, example Zeta platform Camaros.

I won't install long tubes due to sound restrictions at autocross and at my surrounding tracks.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I've taken my 2011 Mustang GT into the dealership before. They saw them and were like "meh". It's all about how you go about it with the dealership. If you go in and are trying to be super sneaky or something like that then yeah, they're going to not appreciate that. In fact I had an issue with hood and they saw my intake and headers and the master tech was like "woah...VERY nice headers!" I still got my warranty done on my hood and they also checked for any other service bulletins for my engine despite the fact I was CLEARLY modified. It was so insanely loud too when they would cold start it in the shop. I had Kooks long tubes, high flow cats, no resonators, and Borla ATAK axlebacks.

Long tubes don't necessarily require a tune to see gains. Does it help? Of course. 2011+ Mustangs have wide band front O2 sensors though and they compensate their fuel and spark map for what they see upstream. Coyotes often see 15 RWHP on long tubes without a tune. Tune it and you'll see gains on the tune PLUS 20 - 25 on the headers. Cars with narrow band O2 sensors typically risk leaning out a bit, example Zeta platform Camaros.

I won't install long tubes due to sound restrictions at autocross and at my surrounding tracks.
Its easy to se how this may be the situation at some dealers that are not purely by the book, but I am not willing to take the risk.
Sponsored