SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
you want loud fold down the rear seats
It does accomplish that. I leave my back seat down all the time. Mine is still not as loud as my 12 GT with cat back Pypes resonators and muffler delete pipes - but that's OK with me.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Neither system will be a deep bassy note.

The Corsa Extreme system will be close to the same volume as the Borla ATAK system. I would tell you to get the Corsa Extreme for obvious reasons... (see below). But I don't think any system out there is going to accomplish what you're looking for. It just doesn't exist and part of it is because of the characteristics of a 180 firing pattern among other variables like unequal length headers. Some of the tubes I dare say are even truly mid length. Then others are only a few inches long running into an assisting primary from another cylinder.
Do you have the full Corsa system or just the mid-pipe? I seem to loosely recall there was some issues getting the mufflers not to throw a code? Could be mistaken....was a while back those mufflers came out.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Do you have the full Corsa system or just the mid-pipe? I seem to loosely recall there was some issues getting the mufflers not to throw a code? Could be mistaken....was a while back those mufflers came out.
Just the midpipe. I think you're not wrong but I believe that was in prototype phase. I can find out if you'd like though. Regardless the production system shouldn't be throwing any codes.

Reactions: CSL

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
I have been going back and forth with headers or the cat deletes from lmr has anyone done either

Sponsored

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Just the midpipe. I think you're not wrong but I believe that was in prototype phase. I can find out if you'd like though. Regardless the production system shouldn't be throwing any codes.
How does the corsa mid pipe compared to the resanator deletes?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sorry guys...I'm back.

It's the same volume as an R. I feel like it's a bit smoother sounding though which I would guess is due to the second crossover. It basically acts like a central collection point such as (and I'm using this VERY loosely) a Ferrari muffler.

The biggest benefit in my mind though is quality material and bolt on or welding capability. Your mileage may vary. Also 304 stainless is overall lighter than 409 as well due to the alloy content. However this is severely nit picky as it's still steel. If I remember right, you'll save about 10lbs overall mainly due to the resonators going bye bye.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
The pipe will flow better than the oem x pipe, but any potential power gains have not been documented. Borla’s system includes both a mid-pipe and mufflers, and they documented a ballpark gain of 20hp. However, the gain was attributed to the entire system, and the difference in their muffler design over oem was duly noted. Long story short, there may be a nominal power gain with the Corsa pipe by eliminating the OEM x....emphasis “may”.

PWORLDSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '18 GT350
I'm very surprised no one has mentioned the Ford Performance system. Of all the clips that I've heard, this system has been the deepest. I've also noted that the system isn't obnoxiously loud like the Borla ATAK system.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The pipe will flow better than the oem x pipe, but any potential power gains have not been documented. Borla’s system includes both a mid-pipe and mufflers, and they documented a ballpark gain of 20hp. However, the gain was attributed to the entire system, and the difference in their muffler design over oem was duly noted. Long story short, there may be a nominal power gain with the Corsa pipe by eliminating the OEM x....emphasis “may”.
Even though I'm sponsored by Corsa, I'll flat out say any power that does come out of it will be precisely negligible. I gained basically zilcho MPH on Road America straight after my install and that's a 150MPH straight so any power gains should show up as there's PLENTY of time for it to ring out. But I got the sound I wanted and it is a higher quality section than the 409 factory stuff. And for that, I'm happy.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
There isnt an exhaust system for this car that sounds better than stock. Its got the perfect tone as is.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
This is a very interesting thread. It indicates the differences in tastes. Those looking for a deep tone likely have more of a muscle car background. I agree with the statement that this is the wrong car for someone seeking a deep tone. I love my car and appreciate the sounds but I actually don’t want deep tones and in some ways wish the Voodoo had more of the characteristic flat crank wail. That said I drive it almost all the time with the pipes open and enjoy the music. In fact I saw a clip on YouTube of one with Kooks long tubes and thought it had more of the higher pitch I tend to like. It didn’t matter though high low or in between these cars sound great.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm still interested in installing a set of equal...er length short tube headers if a manufacturer ever decides to swing it.

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This is a very interesting thread. It indicates the differences in tastes. Those looking for a deep tone likely have more of a muscle car background. I agree with the statement that this is the wrong car for someone seeking a deep tone. I love my car and appreciate the sounds but I actually don’t want deep tones and in some ways wish the Voodoo had more of the characteristic flat crank wail. That said I drive it almost all the time with the pipes open and enjoy the music. In fact I saw a clip on YouTube of one with Kooks long tubes and thought it had more of the higher pitch I tend to like. It didn’t matter though high low or in between these cars sound great.
I agree, I love the sound of those Kooks long tubes but am too worried about warranty to take the plunge.

My hope is that the Corsa x-pipe adds a bit of the 'wail' but is more 'composed' than a straight resonator delete.
Sponsored