Sponsored

Depressing Thread: How many have their GT350 tucked away for winter?

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Mine is drowsy, but not quite sleeping yet. Drove it yesterday, but the weather is getting cold and messy. There will probably be a few sunny, reasonably warm days before spring. But, with an early snow last weekend, we could be in for a unusually sucky winter.
Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
The shop's getting full, but nothing is put away for winter just yet. Soon everything will either be tucked away in the trailer or sealed-up in car bags - I use the Car Jacket version.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The snow tires are on it. Not that I drive my GT350 in the snow, but the temperatures have been too cold for the Super Sport tires. Not much salt on the roads yet, so I will probably get some more mileage on it this year. I try not to give up too early in the fall, because April/May is a long, long time away. They predicted 1-2 inches of snow last night, but it missed us. I'm pretty happy about that.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey folks,
I started this thread on the recommendations for winter storage as described in the manual.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65423
There are others if you search for winter...
A couple of things...
If storing, either pull the battery and store it in a heated location or keep it in and hook up a battery tender- I’ve had good luck with a hardwired CTEK 3300.
Also, read up on pros and cons of starting a car in storage. After looking into it, I decided not to start it until I take it out of storage.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
:evil laugh:

Sponsored

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I got Michelin Alpine PA4s, I will drive it all winter and even post videos of going up a steep hill with several inches of snow when I get a chance so you guys feel even more depressed :D haha kidding

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was able to drive in Virginia last until Christmas day (70). I drove once or twice in January and February and then back on road once or twice a week in March. I would say I drove on days when it was 50s or higher:cheers:

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Taking her to Florida for the winter on Dec 29. Plan to keep driving here in Jersey until then, but won't drive in cold rain or snow.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Taking it out next week, forecast looks in the mid 50's. Going to gas it with premium 91, go for a ride and hopefully one or two more weeks before I need to put the cover over it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I got Michelin Alpine PA4s, I will drive it all winter and even post videos of going up a steep hill with several inches of snow when I get a chance so you guys feel even more depressed :D haha kidding
I've driven Mustangs all winter and did drive the GT350 on at least one snowy occasion last year. They can definitely handle the snow and cold temperatures with no problems. I did have the exhaust valves freeze up one morning when it was below zero, but other than that no issues at all. The oil doesn't get very warm when it's cold, so I changed the oil more frequently.

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've driven Mustangs all winter and did drive the GT350 on at least one snowy occasion last year. They can definitely handle the snow and cold temperatures with no problems. I did have the exhaust valves freeze up one morning when it was below zero, but other than that no issues at all. The oil doesn't get very warm when it's cold, so I changed the oil more frequently.
WHat tires did you use? I m sure this car with its weight distribution and NA engine and a clutch pedal with snow tires will be better than most SUVs and all season tires. I see Jeeps sliding back all the time on my street because they assume AWD can cheat law of physics. People dont understand its all tires.

I think clutch modulation also plays a key role in low traction situations.

Good point regarding exhaust valves, mine is always in the garage and I have these "green hinges" on my garage doors which prevent my garage temperature to go below 10 or so degrees less than my house temp.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I know ive seen it somewhere here, but what is the temp. threshold for the OEM MPSS? Will be in Charlotte the first week of December, and am kinda planning on driving up from Florida....

Ks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H5318
Manual says, " We do not recomend operating in temperatures below 45 degrees"
Sponsored