Sponsored

Depressing Thread: How many have their GT350 tucked away for winter?

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I bought a Car Capsule Showcase to put mine away for the winter. Now I have to figure out the best way to hook up a Batter Tender. I’d like to get a really good wash in before it’s officially away.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I bought a Car Capsule Showcase to put mine away for the winter. Now I have to figure out the best way to hook up a Batter Tender. I’d like to get a really good wash in before it’s officially away.
Can you disconnected the battery?

I will take mine off the road next week probably till may

Last edited:

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
When the first salt goes down it will be garaged till spring. Sucks. In 5-6 years I will be living somewhere warm though. :thumbsup:

RogerS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Can you disconnected the batter?

I will take mine off the road next week probably till may
Purchase a battery tender. Your best option. Several good ones on the market. I use C-Teck. Battery Tender is also a brand.

Sponsored

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I'll be in Chicago this weekend for FOBAB.

on topic...the salt and the brine they lay down on the roads here in iowa just destroys vehicles. So she'll be put away and i'll start her and let idle for a little bit once a week.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Purchase a battery tender. Your best option. Several good ones on the market. I use C-Teck. Battery Tender is also a brand.
I have one some where. I just as soon disconnect the battery unless there is some reason not to do so.

Has anyone used the car cover to store the car outside? I need to use my garage over the winter.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Because you know....Florida. S.Florida even. Drove her to the office today.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I used the factory cover outside for a few days while garage was occupied, it did lift up a few times so you really need to use the tie down straps, also it did allow enough moisture thru that I had water spots, wasn’t really happy with that. Also with the logos attracted more attention than I wanted.
My Highway patrol who patrols my area saw the cover off one day, he actually stopped, checked the car, recovered it and called me, told me he didn’t see any damage or anyone who took it off, he also said he would pass by more often to check on it. I was super happy when I was able to move her inside. Too much stress.

Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
I'll be in Chicago this weekend for FOBAB.

on topic...the salt and the brine they lay down on the roads here in iowa just destroys vehicles. So she'll be put away and i'll start her and let idle for a little bit once a week.
Once you put it away DO NOT start it up and let it idle a little bit once a week. Just leave it on the tender and do not start it until you bring it out in the spring.

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
Mine is away with the 98 Cobra, 77 GMC, and the car trailer. Have everything tucked away enough to still get to the lift so nothing should be started until spring with the exception of putting the 350 on the flatstoppers that just came in.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Warmer than normal temps next week. You'll get more wheel time before winter hits. And why store it? I always manage to get my cars out for exercise at least once a month over winter on dry days/nights when there's little or no salt on the roads.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Sike!! I live in northen AL and the winters are mild. The R is on the road today!
Sponsored

Last edited: