Sponsored

HR361 - 2017 GT350R - The Story

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The car has not been consuming oil. I was monitoring the oil level closely after what happened to the oil pressure sensor. I have always been an old school guy who checks the oil when it is cold before starting the engine. Under those conditions, I never saw the level fluctuate.

However, the manual states to bring the oil temp up to operating temperature and then shut the motor off. Then wait 15 mins and check the oil level. If it falls within the normal range, do not add oil.

So, my observation was that under track conditions, the oil level did decrease to just under the full indicator (the hole). I would approximate maybe 1/4 of the range from top to bottom. I did not add oil. The oil level was consistent time and time again under the recommended procedure. I never had to add oil during the three days of driving. However, the dealer did add some oil when the oil pressure sensor was serviced. How much? I don't know. It is insignificant because that was after only my first run on the first day.

So it seems that I have a very good engine. My oil analysis from my first oil change came back with excellent results. See the below report

Oh, before I forget.... Who's the chick in your new avatar?

picture.jpg
Great analysis from Blackstone and no oil consumption after track time... definitely a good engine.

................................................................................................................

Oh... that lovely lady happens to be Christine Mau..... a great pilot. Iā€™ll tell you.... she is one tough chick with ā€˜big ballsā€™. The first chick to fly an F-35. Initially, there were some issues with the ejection seat due to her weight.... it was necessary to make a few modifications to resolve it.

Her old man flies for Continental..... Iā€™m sorry, I should have said United.... All these mergers :doh:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I stumbled on a cool chase car video of one of my Daytona sessions. Obviously I'm the Yellow R.

[ame]

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
sounds like a Porsche.... Very cool video brother
It was a GT3. Its funny how you wind up running with the same folks over and over within your group. I have lots of video (front and rear view) and I look forward to adding to the story. I just have to stop being busy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Cooking on those straights, looks fun!
Yes, indeed. I just got some photos back from sideline sports photography.

Here is one.

picture.jpg

If you all want to see more, let me know.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Hood flex doesnā€™t look too bad and I love the squat at speed. The black roof is killer on TY. I think it would look awesome with a stealth stripe delete too!

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yes, the wiper was a concern. I wound up turning the wipers on to get them in the top position and then quickly turning the power off to set them in place. A lot easier than removing the wiper IMHO. When they were done, powered up the car and the wiper blades were guided down.
old post, I know...

believe it or not - this procedure is in the owner's manual - just like that. lol Ford.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Recently, I was asked if the Vorshlag camber plates changed the ride height of the car. This morning I went out to the garage to measure the difference between HR361 and HR871. HR361 has the Vorshlag camber plates with OEM perches and HR871 has the stock camber plates. For those who do not know, Vorshalg makes two different plates for our cars, OEM and coilover camber plates. I cannot speak about the ride height for coilover plates because I went with OEM perches.

Note that HR361 has 6GR wheels and HR871 still has the carbon fiber wheels installed. Both wheels were measured and were exactly the same diameter. The ride height was measured from the top of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel well at the fender.

First, HR361....

picture.jpg

Next HR871....

picture.jpg

So the conclusion is that the two are about the same. Even though HR 871 is slightly higher (.11"), I attribute that to the fact that HR361 has almost 2K miles as opposed to HR871's <200 miles.

Just a little bit of information if it should help someone down the road.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Awesome, thanks again!

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Recently, I was asked if the Vorshlag camber plates changed the ride height of the car. This morning I went out to the garage to measure the difference between HR361 and HR871. HR361 has the Vorshlag camber plates with OEM perches and HR871 has the stock camber plates. For those who do not know, Vorshalg makes two different plates for our cars, OEM and coilover camber plates. I cannot speak about the ride height for coilover plates because I went with OEM perches.

Note that HR361 has 6GR wheels and HR871 still has the carbon fiber wheels installed. Both wheels were measured and were exactly the same diameter. The ride height was measured from the top of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel well at the fender.

First, HR361....

picture.jpg

Next HR871....

picture.jpg

So the conclusion is that the two are about the same. Even though HR 871 is slightly higher (.11"), I attribute that to the fact that HR361 has almost 2K miles as opposed to HR871's <200 miles.

Just a little bit of information if it should help someone down the road.
how much camber are you able to get with the Vorshlag plates?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
^^^
Hey John,

I've read that the maximum negative camber attainable without plates is about negative 1.25 deg. Vorshlag states on their website "Camber adjustment is about 2.5Ā° of added negative camber over stock". So to answer your question, I would have to say that would be negative 3.75 degrees total with vorshlag plates. I have not attempted that much negative camber, so I am relying on what Vorshlag says on their site.

Due to the nature of Daytona, I only ran negative 1.75 degrees to avoid eating up the cup2's prematurely. At 175+ MPH, I didn't want to risk a high speed blowout for the sake of a little more maneuverability on the inside course. I closely monitored my temps and pressures and neg 1.75 seemed to be the happy medium.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
^^^
Hey John,

I've read that the maximum negative camber attainable without plates is about negative 1.25 deg. Vorshlag states on their website "Camber adjustment is about 2.5Ā° of added negative camber over stock". So to answer your question, I would have to say that would be negative 3.75 degrees total with vorshlag plates. I have not attempted that much negative camber, so I am relying on what Vorshlag says on their site.

Due to the nature of Daytona, I only ran negative 1.75 degrees to avoid eating up the cup2's prematurely. At 175+ MPH, I didn't want to risk a high speed blowout for the sake of a little more maneuverability on the inside course. I closely monitored my temps and pressures and neg 1.75 seemed to be the happy medium.
Interesting. I went the cheaper route and did camber bolts (which are supposed to be able to get an add'l 1 degree) but we could only get 1.7 and 1.9 degrees (so have both sides set at 1.7). My car may never see a track so it's fine for now. I do like the way the car drives with the more aggressive alignment. I'll take a minute to remember our circus car fun when I'm at UMC next week for the Raptor Assault.

Trj3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Great post. Following in your footsteps...... How do yo like the MGW?
Sponsored