Sponsored

Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop Update!!!

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
.......I am considering an exhaust wrap in combination with the cooler scoop hoping this will do the trick for a few sessions at least.... Any thoughts on exhaust wrap or scoop are appreciated!!
I have been wondering about wrapping exhaust to help with cooling. Today it is probably not used as much with modern exhaust coatings. You should not wrap the large cats, but wrapping everything else along the exhaust should help drop heat transfer there and keep exhaust temps up (which increases velocity a bit). It is also a pretty benign mod so I can't imagine a dealer having a warranty issue.

Also interested in anyone's experiences with exhaust wrap. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
:lol: Thanks for the laughter, cuz this morning after looking out my window, i got depressed. :(
Heading for 85 here today. Not rubbing it in as I would prefer something closer to 75. But have to say you all are very entertaining :lol:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Heading for 85 here today. Not rubbing it in as I would prefer something closer to 75. But have to say you all are very entertaining :lol:
Sandy, the low here is 33 but tomorrow it should get down to 24.

choice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 67 Coupe
I got a notice this thread was active again. Haven't been here since I gave my Scoop to VoodooPower. The ONLY fix for the transmission heat soak is a real cooler system or trans replacement. I swapped my trans and was able to run several track events until I stopped tracking it and moved to wheel to wheel. I’ve since traded my 350.

I don’t want to be a Debbie Downer, but if you are still having heat soak problems with your 2015-16 Tech, then live with it or fix it right. It’s gonna cost you, but it worth it. I had a blast driving the 350 on the track.

Don’t waste money on scoops, wrap, coatings, shields, etc.

- Bill

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I have the scoop also. I bought it about 5 months ago. I've never heard a rattle, and I have never seen limp mode in my car. I also haven't taken it to a track. I have the flex tune so I have the nGauge hooked up though I haven't configured it or tried to use Forscan to activate checking trans temps. I would agree with Bill. The best solution is to get the coolers if you want to seriously track this car.

I do however believe the car is perfectly fine without them if you don't seriously track it. It's just as fast, just as awesome to look at, just as good otherwise.

I put the cash back to add them a long time ago if I ever felt the need, but I'm also keeping my eye on that GT500.... ;)

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Limp mode on the street is exceedingly rare. On track it's a sure thing on warm days and a good fast driver. $1000 will get you a Ford Performance cooler package with a good gear pump and the hoses to connect. The work to install it is a solid weekend but well worth it. Yes the option above will need to be activated with a switch but the only time you really need to run it is at a track day. As for the rear diff it is a more expensive install and if you are tracking 5-10 times a year just perform rear diff fluid changes. Doesn't take a lot of time and is relatively cheap.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Agreed TDC...I really should just do it...lol. in relation to the car and it's cost, the 1000 isn't a huge investment at all and will provide piece of mind. Only the warranty becomes the concern at that point.
Sponsored