Sponsored

Video: Shelby GT350 Ordering Info - Ford addressing GT350 use & heat issues

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Considering the timing Thursday 2/25, this video looks likes Fords first response to the various versions and how they were designed to be used.
Possibly the first steps to addressing the overheating issues . . . can't tell if this is good or bad for the Tech Pack owners.
Would have been more valuable if this was released 8 -10 months ago.

[ame]
Sponsored

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Ford should own up, and fix the tech/base for us.
if they don't, I will be the first one to sign up if there is ever one.

all seriousness aside, she did mention the "tech pack owner won't be using the car quite so much on the track and not as seriously" which in term implies tech pack cars can still go on track. then they should know a typical session is 15-20 mins.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That looks to be dealer media info from a long time ago and probably just uploaded by that YouTube user as of now. "Over 500 horsepower and over 400 lb ft tq" was the first giveaway. Second giveaway was how the presentation was not very personable nor in ways you would speak to a buyer.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
She did mention " capable of some fun race track lapping " for the base model !

Most l'll probably be able to do is circle my house crescent about 10 times . :)

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
and in 2017 we go from 5 to 2 options....Track or R

Reactions: CSL

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Everyone is entitled to thier own viewpoint. So for the sake of discussion, why would you buy a tech package if you intended to use it for the track? Why didn't you go with a track package and get the electronics option? I'm guessing that you bought the car not for what it was, but because that version is what was available. I wound up with a track pack because that's what was available. As much as I would like to have all the gadgets and gizmos, I'm not going to get upset based upon the choice I made based on what was available. With any luck, maybe you might see kits to solve the problem. However don't get pissed at Ford for a decision that was made by the buyer. My .02 of a buck.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That is a video for the dealers. The purchasers of the car bear the responsibility for their choice. Not Ford

Each package performs as intended

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Yeah, this is absolutely dealer material produced and released to them early last year. They totally let marketing run the show for the 5 "flavors". Live and learn. Terrible decision overall.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
That is a video for the dealers. The purchasers of the car bear the responsibility for their choice. Not Ford

Yeah and some of those packages can't stay on a track as long as a GT. That should never happen on a car considered a "track" car.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
This video was produced for the dealers around a year ago, long before they placed their first orders. Taking it out of context today to try to support a solution for the Tech Package tranny overheating problems is not going to help. Let the problem reports coming in now form the basis of the complaints, which are growing in number and evidence every day.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Propaganda. Agreed it was made for the dealers but that's no excuse for building a SHELBY of any model level that has a limp mode built in that seems to be triggered when driving it hard-track or street. Per the video and real life, all levels of the GT350 have same drive train, brakes. As a Tech owner, I got a "bonus and unadvertised" aluminum cross brace AND an engine oil cooler when my car was delivered. (By the way, as I was placing order with my dealer last June, I was repeatedly told NO coolers would be available on my Tech Pkg Shelby.) What was the decision making process around that? The video implies that the GT350 and GT350R are equally available and that is not the case. IF the '17s all come standard with the three coolers, we will know Ford knows they *ucked up by not making all three available on '15 & '16 base/tech models. Demand remedy! For those that say buyer beware, remember this is supposed to be a S-H-E-L-B-Y.
Thanks for posting the video GT Dave....

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I just want to father her children....

I'm sorry, what was that video about?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

I don't agree, they are not performing as intended.

Why are Ford engineers working on getting coolers added to base/tech cars ?

Why did Ford added the coolers across the line up for MY '17 ?

I'm guessing you either have a base or tech car right.

So based on your above answer, i'm guessing that if Ford comes up with a solution for cooling base/tech cars, you won't be needing it right ! :shrug:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Propaganda. Agreed it was made for the dealers but that's no excuse for building a SHELBY of any model level that has a limp mode built in that seems to be triggered when driving it hard-track or street. Per the video and real life, all levels of the GT350 have same drive train, brakes. As a Tech owner, I got a "bonus and unadvertised" aluminum cross brace AND an engine oil cooler when my car was delivered. (By the way, as I was placing order with my dealer last June, I was repeatedly told NO coolers would be available on my Tech Pkg Shelby.) What was the decision making process around that? The video implies that the GT350 and GT350R are equally available and that is not the case. IF the '17s all come standard with the three coolers, we will know Ford knows they *ucked up by not making all three available on '15 & '16 base/tech models. Demand remedy! For those that say buyer beware, remember this is supposed to be a S-H-E-L-B-Y.
Thanks for posting the video GT Dave....
Jim, all cars come with engine oil coolers. Unless i missed something. :headbonk:
Sponsored