Oil Seperators / Catch Cans

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Have any of you guys fitted an Oil Seperator / Catch Can, to your 5.0 GT's?

If you have, what brand did you fit?

From my research, it appears manufactures only produce an Oil Seperator for the Passengers Side, and not for both sides.
Sponsored

DWC_SmOziLLa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '05 Audi A4 3.0 V6 Quattro UltraSport 6 Spd.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
JLT FTW!!:headbang:

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
JLT here. Supposedly the passenger side has a lot more oil than driver's side

Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I have the passenger side, im still looking for the drivers side. I have the JLT

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
I had bought a JLT from LMR, but after reading up on the UPR catch can I decided it was worth upgrading to.

I am a lot happier with the UPR, if for nothing other than build quality and looks. It catches oil, and looks a lot more purpose built for the job.

I do not like how UPR put heat shrink on the check valve hose so I couldn't see the arrow for flow...but easy to figure out. Also, no instructions to verify you have it set up right. The bottom part of the can unscrews, so I don't see why the can doesn't come with a drain at the bottom. A insulating sleeve of some sort would be nice too, sort of like the stuff you wrap around water lines.

Last edited:

jdpatt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt convertible Triple yellow 50th Anniversary
I have the JLT catch can on the passenger side. Been on for about 600 miles. I emptied it last week and had about at tablespoon of oil in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I have the passenger side, im still looking for the drivers side. I have the JLT
I don't think anyone is making a drivers side can, it has been said that no oil/or a very trace amount wlould make it through there.

SC_Sport_Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge; 2015 GT PP, 06 F350 Dually
I have the UPR on mine and it is great!

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I don't think anyone is making a drivers side can, it has been said that no oil/or a very trace amount wlould make it through there.
I noticed that too. Is there any reason why the passenger's side collects so much oil? Been trying to find an answer with not much luck, mostly out of curiosity.

MrPlutonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I noticed that too. Is there any reason why the passenger's side collects so much oil? Been trying to find an answer with not much luck, mostly out of curiosity.
For some reason there seems to be much more suction out of the passenger side vacuum line than the driver's side. If you pop the driver's side line with the engine running there is barely any air getting sucked in from there. If you pop off the passenger side, there is a ton of suction noise right up until the engine dies.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
'redgt': I installed a dual valve catch can on my EB. The can came with a bottom 1/4 turn brass drain. I would check with UPR and find out if the GT can has the same diameter and threading as the dual valve. They may be able to sell you the can bottom with drain...if the two can bottoms are compatible.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
For some reason there seems to be much more suction out of the passenger side vacuum line than the driver's side. If you pop the driver's side line with the engine running there is barely any air getting sucked in from there. If you pop off the passenger side, there is a ton of suction noise right up until the engine dies.
I knew that much, I was just curious what caused it. Thanks for your input though for sure! I have the passenger side and I guess that's all that really matters.