Sponsored

91whp increase from corn only

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
What risk, you'll be fine to get a base line on with your setup :) Looks like we are basically twins (D1/4.75). I ended up disconnecting the wastgate and and going back to the 4.75 after my last dyno. [MENTION=15779]z06psi[/MENTION] is running a smaller pulley than both of us on 93 btw. I made 633/556 prior to the Boss manifold swap; it nose dived at 6500 on stock...still need to go back to get a base line before I go e85...which will be soon!
This is just my opinion,but i.did a lot of testing with the d1 on both my cars,one motor gone.Tuning with my new auto i went to a 4.88 pulley.First with the 4.75 pulley i was reaching 15 psi of boost at 7300 rpm and it was still climbing,fast!!!.Me and Jon could not get my car not to knock or pull a shit load of timing once my car reached over 6200 rpms.Again this was on 93,good 93.It got to the point that if i was going to run a 93 tune on the 4.75 I would have about 14 degrees of timing max.Lund does not even want to tune a d1 with a 4.75 on 93,and if they do it's with allot of grief.Even with 93 and Octanium i had a hard time not getting any knock after 18 degrees of timing,and guys this was not false knock I have over a hundred logs with the d1.To determine this after me and Jon getting into arguments,he gave a tune commanding 10 degrees of timing letting the knock sensors add only if happy.Well it added 15 degrees and that was it,even then after 7200 rpm it started to pull A small amount of timing.This is why procharger will not tune the d1's.Jon said they did their own testing with the d1 and after 6k rpms it starts coming on fast.So I'm running the 4.88 pulley now and just finished my fuel system for e85.Also this was with no cats,I have a video of how fast the boost came up with that 4.75 pulley and it was scary.
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
This is just my opinion,but i.did a lot of testing with the d1 on both my cars,one motor gone.Tuning with my new auto i went to a 4.88 pulley.First with the 4.75 pulley i was reaching 15 psi of boost at 7300 rpm and it was still climbing,fast!!!.Me and Jon could not get my car not to knock or pull a shit load of timing once my car reached over 6200 rpms.Again this was on 93,good 93.It got to the point that if i was going to run a 93 tune on the 4.75 I would have about 14 degrees of timing max.Lund does not even want to tune a d1 with a 4.75 on 93,and if they do it's with allot of grief.Even with 93 and Octanium i had a hard time not getting any knock after 18 degrees of timing,and guys this was not false knock I have over a hundred logs with the d1.To determine this after me and Jon getting into arguments,he gave a tune commanding 10 degrees of timing letting the knock sensors add only if happy.Well it added 15 degrees and that was it,even then after 7200 rpm it started to pull A small amount of timing.This is why procharger will not tune the d1's.Jon said they did their own testing with the d1 and after 6k rpms it starts coming on fast.So I'm running the 4.88 pulley now and just finished my fuel system for e85.Also this was with no cats,I have a video of how fast the boost came up with that 4.75 pulley and it was scary.

Must be some altitude differences between us then. I ran to 7800 rpm and saw ~14 psi so I had Lund limit me to 7500 rpm as my shft points and I hit 13psi. That is with the Boss and catless headers... I never had any grief from Lund during the tune process. Jon stepped in a few times to help out but other wise it seemed to be an non issue.

Currently my timing climbs to 17 at 6800 rpm then ticks down to 15* at 7500. That is at 13 psi and i have 0 knock issues; actually read -3.494 all they way through the 7000's.

Cant wait for E and 22* :clap2:

Vids or it didn't happen :)

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Must be some altitude differences between us then. I ran to 7800 rpm and saw ~14 psi so I had Lund limit me to 7500 rpm as my shft points and I hit 13psi. That is with the Boss and catless headers... I never had any grief from Lund during the tune process. Jon stepped in a few times to help out but other wise it seemed to be an non issue.

Currently my timing climbs to 17 at 6800 rpm then ticks down to 15* at 7500. That is at 13 psi and i have 0 knock issues; actually read -3.494 all they way through the 7000's.

Cant wait for E and 22* :clap2:

Vids or it didn't happen :)
Boss Intake may have help some over stock,but frrom what u just said it sounds like 15 degrees is about what u can run with the 4.75 pulley,mine also started pulling timing but around 6500 rpms,another thing to be careful about is looking at why it's pulling timing,u can be in -degrees of timing and still have knock,it's how the knock graph looks like that's important.My first motor was my fault hassling my tuner telling them my shit was not fast enough,long story short knock sensors got desensitized and 19 degrees on 93 and Boom!!!.But again this was my fault.This time e85 cheap and make shit load of power.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Updated numbers & I'm a happy camper!
All pulls were done on the 12lb spring went up 3lbs on the controller for the final pull. (I'm out of injector or pump or both)
The results: 900whp/685wtq
Dam man tthats impressive,was u boost 12psi max??

Sponsored

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Updated numbers & I'm a happy camper!
All pulls were done on the 12lb spring went up 3lbs on the controller for the final pull. (I'm out of injector or pump or both)
The results: 900whp/685wtq

Nice!

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Thats awesome I want to do 72mm pulley and corn so bad

OP
OP
Pincushin3819

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
So dumb question but how does one switch from a 93 tune to E85? Do you just run it till you're a few gallons to empty? What if you miscalculate and run out of fuel on the way to the gas station?

Is it ok to swap to that tune with a little bit of 93 in the tank? At what ratio does it not become ok?

I'm getting both tunes soon but have never messed with E85 before.
What I do if I want to swap fuels is hook up a gt500 fuel filter into the factory line and hook a hose into a fuel jug. Load up a fuel pump tune and drain it. Fill with other fuel from another jug, load new tune, fire it up. That way if I have any issues, I'm at home and not stuck at a gas station.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Wow 100 gain ? I didn't get that much with my ho kit , but I didn't change intakes or anything else .. I got 65 HP and 55 TQ with the change from 93 to E85 .. I have the stock intake also and never have seen the flat line like a lot of guys have seen ... Mine pulls great right to 7200 with no drop off in HP ..So I set my shift points right at 7300 and it works great .. A while back I made my best 1/8 mile run at 6.27 @ 111 ..

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Awesome numbers. You're gonna love it.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Boss Intake may have help some over stock,but frrom what u just said it sounds like 15 degrees is about what u can run with the 4.75 pulley,mine also started pulling timing but around 6500 rpms,another thing to be careful about is looking at why it's pulling timing,u can be in -degrees of timing and still have knock,it's how the knock graph looks like that's important.My first motor was my fault hassling my tuner telling them my shit was not fast enough,long story short knock sensors got desensitized and 19 degrees on 93 and Boom!!!.But again this was my fault.This time e85 cheap and make shit load of power.
Knock looks okay to me let me know what you think :shrug:

In the pick the yellow markers show where knock went form -5 to -4 and timing went from 17 to 16. RPM was 6400-7500, peak rpm was 7700

https://datazap.me/u/mylilpony/r16-long-log
knock.PNG

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Yea pulling one degree is not bad at all,what u have too look out for is when your knock starts looking like a set of stairs,keeps pulling timing as rpms rise,when u see that u are getting detonation.When u see knock pull a degree and then stop or start adding a little timing again u are fine.When u see it setting up pulling timing look at how much is being pulled for each step and how many steps.When detonation starts it usually don't stop until u let out of the throttle.U.are fine with that log as long as when it pulled that degree of timing that's all it pulled up to whatever rpm u stopped at.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
wow...i need to get off my ass and order a paxton, you seriously can not make more power for that little money!