Show off your Air ride!!

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I only hear it up front as well. For fit testing my fender liner was removed and it still did it.
Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Did your fender rest on the tire at all?

I'm still running stock PP wheels and OEM tire size, so I don't have a lot of room up front. Once I wear out these Nittos I'll stretch the front tires a bit.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
After a year and a half riding around with the raw aluminum tank. I finally got it powder coated and cleaned up the air lines. Thanks goes to stang_inang_yan for the inspiration to use bulkhead ptc fittings.

I just need to clean it all up and get the finger prints off of it.

Airlift 3P controller
Specialty Suspension tank custom powder coated
Viair 444c compressors
Accuair EXO mounts with custom made bracket for 3P controller
Fittings from Bagriders
Custom made mount
Zero holes drilled installation

picture.jpg

Sponsored

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did your fender rest on the tire at all?

I'm still running stock PP wheels and OEM tire size, so I don't have a lot of room up front. Once I wear out these Nittos I'll stretch the front tires a bit.

I definitely believe its the bags popping in front, don't hear any noise from rear.

My tires hit my fenders up front..wheel MUST be straight before airing out.
I run 20x10 with 275/30/20 up front...Not even a piece of paper will fit between the tire and fender when slammed.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
After a year and a half riding around with the raw aluminum tank. I finally got it powder coated and cleaned up the air lines. Thanks goes to stang_inang_yan for the inspiration to use bulkhead ptc fittings.
That looks awesome!!

I definitely believe its the bags popping in front, don't hear any noise from rear.

My tires hit my fenders up front..wheel MUST be straight before airing out.
I run 20x10 with 275/30/20 up front...Not even a piece of paper will fit between the tire and fender when slammed.
That's crazy wide up front for air! lol I was wondering if I could fit 20x10 wheels under there, so great to know. Thanks for sharing.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
For those mounting the compressors on the side did you have to trim the mounting feet? I can't get them to fit that way so thinking of just mounting the compressors to the side walls of the spare tire well. Will that location work you think?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
For those mounting the compressors on the side did you have to trim the mounting feet? I can't get them to fit that way so thinking of just mounting the compressors to the side walls of the spare tire well. Will that location work you think?
Yes. Jameo goes through this process in his thread.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I don't know how I've never seen that thread with all the searching I've been doing. Getting it installed early next week but would like to mock up the trunk set-up beforehand to give them an idea how I want everything mounted.

Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Just make sure the drain plug is facing down, or you won't be able to get the water out of the tank.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want to thank everyone for the inspiration and for tolerating my noob questions, I'm sure there will be more. Today I picked her up from install and then promptly slammed her down. Need to do a firmware update to get the controller and bluetooth to work (currently shows 1.1.0 and a "Failure: Incompatible revision" message) so doing manually for now. Hope to get some pics all cleaned up in the sunshine soon.
2017-12-14 16.22.59.jpg
2017-12-14 16.27.44.jpg

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
I want to thank everyone for the inspiration and for tolerating my noob questions, I'm sure there will be more. Today I picked her up from install and then promptly slammed her down. Need to do a firmware update to get the controller and bluetooth to work (currently shows 1.1.0 and a "Failure: Incompatible revision" message) so doing manually for now. Hope to get some pics all cleaned up in the sunshine soon.
How loud are those pumps being hard mounted like that? I had to move mine to a plywood platform to help reduce vibrations.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
How often is everyone draining their tank?
I drain mine every couple months and when I put her away for the winter. Luckily for you winter storage is not needed :mad:
Sponsored