Sponsored

BULLITT

ShadowMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Ford Mustang Fastback
This is one occasion that it's great to be wrong and I will eat a piece of that humble pie. I too read the piece in today's SMH Drive and can't wait to see the Bullitt Mustang DownUnder. Without doubt the Bullitt Mustang will much sought after, regardless of the price.
Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Well let's hope that the aircon and oil cooler on the Bullitt are more Steve McQueen than the Mr Bean versions of both we have on the current vehicles!!!

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I've lodged expression of interest for a Bullitt. Don't know details of pricing or delivery yet - spec will most likely be what our European brothers are getting. Salesman has been off for a few days but is compiling a list from his customer base.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've lodged expression of interest for a Bullitt. Don't know details of pricing or delivery yet - spec will most likely be what our European brothers are getting. Salesman has been off for a few days but is compiling a list from his customer base.
I spoke to a couple of dealers last week and they seem to think the total number of bullitt mustangs coming to Australia is less than the number of ford dealerships so it will be interesting to see how the allocations work out . As both dealers I spoke to had at least 3 or more customers put down $5000 deposits

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ it’s going to be an MY19 model offering so I’m sure Ford will make more than a handful of them for export. I’ll see what this dealer says once he’s back on deck.

Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^^^^ it’s going to be an MY19 model offering so I’m sure Ford will make more than a handful of them for export. I’ll see what this dealer says once he’s back on deck.
Let me know how you go cheers

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
As per my earlier post suggested I am in the queue with my dealer (second).I gave the info to two mates in Melbourne and they are first in line with their dealers.We are all with big Mustang sales dealers.Hopefully price will be sub 80k on road. Word from down south is big dealers are hoping for five Bullitts. That could suggest maybe 300 imports.I think demand will outstrip supply.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
This is one occasion that it's great to be wrong and I will eat a piece of that humble pie. I too read the piece in today's SMH Drive and can't wait to see the Bullitt Mustang DownUnder. Without doubt the Bullitt Mustang will much sought after, regardless of the price.
I do agree, that it will be sought after, even though it has very little extra performance, that the "bullit" name or reputation implies. It's a bit of a token gesture by Ford. Worth very little extra $$$$s to me and that colour sucks anyway

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone here have more insider info?
No further info is available yet on pricing and specs but if you look at the Europe thread in the Bullitt sub-Forum what they are going to get is probably close to what we will get and there are some differences with the US version.

Sponsored

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to a couple of dealers last week and they seem to think the total number of bullitt mustangs coming to Australia is less than the number of ford dealerships so it will be interesting to see how the allocations work out . As both dealers I spoke to had at least 3 or more customers put down $5000 deposits
I was in at my dealer a couple of weeks ago, and he is refusing to take deposits for the cars until numbers of cars are gtd.

He said dealers taking $$ are irresponsible. There is NO gte of numbers yet apparently, and Ford dealers taking these deposits have no further chance to secure a car than dealers who dont.

He said he recalls a Falcon special edition from a few years ago where Ford had announced a limited edition run (didnt say which model) and some dealers were taking deposits, then had angry customers who didn't get a car.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was in at my dealer a couple of weeks ago, and he is refusing to take deposits for the cars until numbers of cars are gtd.

He said dealers taking $$ are irresponsible. There is NO gte of numbers yet apparently, and Ford dealers taking these deposits have no further chance to secure a car than dealers who dont.

He said he recalls a Falcon special edition from a few years ago where Ford had announced a limited edition run (didnt say which model) and some dealers were taking deposits, then had angry customers who didn't get a car.

Yes, that's right. I had the same conversation with Hammo just after the news came out that Bullitt would come here.

I've lodged my interest, I don't know exactly where I am on the list, but he won't take any deposit until the details of numbers and pricing become available.

I've always found him a straightshooter so I'll just have to wait and see how things pan out.

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Hi Guys

We did the Flatrock plant tour with Hammo a couple of days ago and saw a few Bullets in the yard ready for shipping. The plant manager said nearly every one she has seen come off the line line has been right hand drive too but not sure if they are euro right hand drives or Aus bound. Was a highlight of the trip seeing GT350’s rolling along the line with the others.

They don’t change the plant over for right hand drive either they just produce whatever comes in as the next order. Early on they even have Lincoln’s running on part of the line.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ I'm very envious Vince. So far I haven't been able to make that tour. Hammo does a great job in organizing these tours and I hope to be able to tag along on one of them.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I asked Ford Australia about the 2019 Bullitt - they said that they know nothing regarding the Bullitt and I should ask my dealer.

One dealer wanted a 2k deposit and the contract price (subject to confirmation) would be 80K.

The other dealer wanted a 5k deposit and they stated the contract price would be 100k and then also adjusted when actual price was known.

Both quotes where for Bullitt with Recaros and Magneride.

Both dealers thought that 500 units would arrive in Australia.

I'm still thinking about it.

One thing though, is it just me or does the Bullitt in the official Ford video sound a lot like the GT350, which of course, has the unique flat plane crank V8 sound. Don't know how they got it to sound like that but it sounds very different to the stock GT.
Sponsored