Sponsored

TPMS Sensors in Weld Racing Wheels

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Should you install TPMS Sensors in Weld Racing Wheels?
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
If they will fit, yes, you should install them.

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
If they will fit, yes, you should install them.
That would be a good thing to know before I go and buy four TPMS Sensors.Has any member been down that road?
17x10 rear weld wheels
17x5 front weld wheels

Last edited:

BrandonJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm wondering the same thing. I would love to have these to replace my PP wheels.

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
They won't fit, at least that is what my research told me before buying. Once you see one in person you can see there is no room.

Someday I might make a "PVC container" (i.e., pipe bomb) for the trunk that I can put 4 sensors in and pressurize so the dash light doesn't come on. Just a weekend toy so the light doesn't really bother me.
ow-01s.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
They won't fit, at least that is what my research told me before buying. Once you see one in person you can see there is no room.

Someday I might make a "PVC container" (i.e., pipe bomb) for the trunk that I can put 4 sensors in and pressurize so the dash light doesn't come on. Just a weekend toy so the light doesn't really bother me.
Member(KAR)posted that he bought Dill Air Metal Control Stems Part#VS-925-C and used his factory TPMS Sensors install on them. He informed me they would work on Weld Racing Wheels.Your Mustang looks great!

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Member(KAR)posted that he bought Dill Air Metal Control Stems Part#VS-925-C and used his factory TPMS Sensors install on them. He informed me they would work on Weld Racing Wheels.Your Mustang looks great!
Good to know. I will look into that for the future!

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Does the PVC Container setup work?
I've heard it does. Haven't tried it myself. I think you can have a common chamber with all 4 sensors enclosed, and just put a shrader valve on the end and keep it at a low pressure.

Sponsored

BrandonJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Best looking wheels on S550 I've seen. What sizes are you running? I've got to get something lighter than these PP wheels. I had Prostar XPs on my 03 Cobra but I definitely couldn't daily drive a set of polished wheels.

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0

You should try the PVC container trick and you only have to put one tpms sensor in the container and set the pressure at 40#.You can make the container in less than and hour at a cost around $10.00.I am going to test this setup when I receive my Weld Wheels.

OP
OP

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Has any member tried the PVC/TPMS Container Trick on a 2015-2018 Ford Mustang?

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Best looking wheels on S550 I've seen. What sizes are you running? I've got to get something lighter than these PP wheels. I had Prostar XPs on my 03 Cobra but I definitely couldn't daily drive a set of polished wheels.
17x5 (28x6 tire) and 17x10 (305/45 DR)
Sponsored