Sponsored

2019 Bullitt 1320ft time?

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I find it hard to believe that the new Bullitt hasn't been run somewhere down the quarter mile. Yeah, it'll take a little longer to complete the task than a 10A GT....but we don't care.

C'mon already, release the video of the green dream!
Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Shift forks are literally breaking left and right lol.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I saw one run this past weekend at Tulsa. It's the one that's been making the rounds with the Cure for Cancer drive. They had a "grudge race" with a '66 Mustang, with both cars having drivers that hadn't run the cars before. Also, the temperature was close to 100 degrees and the density altitude was in the 3800ft area. Now that all of the excuses are out of the way, his fastest of 3 runs was a 13.65@108. Just for a bit of comparison, my '08 Bullitt was running about .5 seconds and 2 mph slower than my fastest stock time (which was a 13.37@104). I'm sure an experienced drag racer (don't know his qualifications) with a few more runs would have gone significantly quicker. I would not use these runs as a gauge for how fast they are. There will quickly be times significantly faster once people start getting them delivered. I actually debated whether to post this, as I'm sure people will be rather critical. I decided to go ahead with it because it's a "real world" number. My take is that most of the difference between what you would expect and what he ran was due to the first 60'.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Picture this.....this will happen a few weeks from now:

A guy in a 2018 A10 Mustang GT rolls up next to a 2019 Bullitt driver at a set of traffic lights. The GT driver knows the guy in the Bullitt has a six speed manual and is fairly certain that despite a slight hp disadvantage, he is going to win the traffic light GP courtesy of his A10's lightning shift schedule.

What does the Bullitt driver know?? He knows that the poor sap in the next lane has to explain to his friends and relatives why he chose a GT and not a cool-as-all-get-out Mustang Bullitt :)

mustangthrall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - 8/6 build date
4AC6BB83-0AF9-43C5-834F-E47D183A1A04_zpssjikssya.jpg

Getting impatient so I decided to get something to hold me over! Lol deal was too good to pass up, and who doesn’t love a project car!

Sponsored

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
Picture this.....this will happen a few weeks from now:

A guy in a 2018 A10 Mustang GT rolls up next to a 2019 Bullitt driver at a set of traffic lights. The GT driver knows the guy in the Bullitt has a six speed manual and is fairly certain that despite a slight hp disadvantage, he is going to win the traffic light GP courtesy of his A10's lightning shift schedule.

What does the Bullitt driver know?? He knows that the poor sap in the next lane has to explain to his friends and relatives why he chose a GT and not a cool-as-all-get-out Mustang Bullitt :)
Don't forget when people ask about his car (the A10), and inevitably get to the "Manual or automatic?" question. Based on the owner's answer, the reply is either "Cool!" for manual, or "ohh.. cool..." for the automatic. Happens every time.

The automatic may be faster, but the Bullitt is, and forever will be, cooler.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I can tell you my 17 GT350 that I sold never ran faster than a 12.5 at Royal Purple Race way. 526 HP. My 18 has run a 12.255. Stock engine. Only mod drop in K&N.

The A10 wins. If I had the Steeda stop the hop kit on the 350,maybe it would have been faster but I will never know. The 18 has the kit and it hooks up. The 350 60 foot was horrible due to the wheel hop.

Thus the reason I bought a base GT vs the Bullitt. I wanted the A10. It's simply faster on a comparably equipped manual 6 mustang.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
picture this buy a Performance pack 2019 and wrap it dark hyland green get some bullit badges and torque thrust Ds
voila problem solved

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Some people buy a Mustang to drag race.

Some buy one because they want a great daily driver.

Some buy an automatic because they can't drive stick.

Some buy one to fulfill a lifelong dream of owning a new Mustang.

Some want a manual, but buy an automatic because their knees are shagged.

Some buy a GT350 because they like whining about sagging bumpers, oil consumption and brittle OPG's.

Some buy a Bullitt because they don't drag race, they want a great daily, they will fulfill an ambition, they can drive stick, their knees are still OEM, they're not precious darlings, they like the history of the badge and they appreciate all things green :).

image_uploaded_from_ios_44_2.jpg

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
That's good except I can drive a stick. I simply wanted the faster car. If the A10 is ever an option for a Bullitt, I will get one because I absolutely love the Bullitt but went for faster instead of cooler.

Sponsored

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
I can't stand the wheels and red calipers on there. They look like they are 15" wheels from a V6 model with 6'' of sidewall and the red calipers just clash with the green.
Other than that, looks great.

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
I can't stand the wheels and red calipers on there. They look like they are 15" wheels from a V6 model with 6'' of sidewall and the red calipers just clash with the green.
Other than that, looks great.
I like the wheels, I think they are unique for the car, but a good nodd to the original without just copying the '68.
I do have a hard time with the calipers. The most compelling thing about the Steve McQueen Edition for me was the optional green calipers. Haven't seen photos of them, but hoping I can pick them up from Steeda as a standalone part later on.
I think with green, black, or grey calipers, and a blacked out faux gas cap, this Bullitt would be perfect. Minor details, and I hope once I have the car they'll be things that don't bother me much.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I'd still like someone to post a 1/4 mile time. Bullittheads practice your 60 MPH time on a deserted road and then hit the track. I'm pulling for you guys to break into the 11s

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I'd still like someone to post a 1/4 mile time. Bullittheads practice your 60 MPH time on a deserted road and then hit the track. I'm pulling for you guys to break into the 11s
Yes, I think 12.0 or better is quite possible, and a 0-60 right in the 4.0 range....., but has to be someone with experience and knows what their doing. That's not me.... Looking forward to seeing the some times. Also looking forward to see a what the dyno numbers are.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I actually feel bad for the Bullitt owner that more than likely paid over retail to just be cool. Then runs 13.6 @ 108 mph in a 50k plus car. Yeah all us non Bullitt owners are so jealous. :).
Sponsored