Sponsored

2018 GT low rpm engine rattle, cylinder damage pics, Ford buyback process

Do you have engine rattle in low rpm range that sounds like mine?

• Yes, but have not taken it to dealer

Votes: 146 42.6%
  • Yes, but dealer said it was normal

Votes: 54 15.7%
  • Yes, Ford approved short block, long block or whole engine

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Yes, other repair was performed

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • No

Votes: 114 33.2%

• Total voters

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
I took my car in last week to the dealership to have the Technician confirm the rattle. Mustang is current in the shop with the technician diagnosing the rattle. Mustang is 10speed.
Best wishes bro!
Sponsored

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
you're the idiot that decided to pm me uninvited with an I told you so message that appears to have been a lie.. if you notice I have quoted some of your posts in this thread so they last forever. i'm sure you're aware that Ford does look in places like this when they suspect a car with a warranty claim is not stock as claimed. ohh and it doesn't matter if the Tune was only on for 30 seconds or 30 days, the fact that it was tuned period is the issue with Ford.
I was tuned when I brought my car in and got a shortblock under warranty :shrug:

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Ford RAV is so messed up. They received the signed paperwork from the dealer but have not paid off the loan. My case manager does not reply to phone or email messages. I finally spoke to another case manager who had to walk over to the lien release department.

They were closed for the day. WTF!!

She was nice to say she will send the manager of that Dept an email to release the loan payoff payment and will call me tomorrow to confirm.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here is what someone posted under one of my videos of the engine knock.

Ours had similar noise, most heard from the right side engine cover between 1800-2000 RPMs ONLY after being warmed up. Dealership tore into the car for 2 months, ended up replacing head - that didn't help, then replaced short block. When replacing short block, they found scoring on cylinder walls and other strange wear. I'd get this looked at, apparently these engines are having issues.
Ford RAV is so messed up. They received the signed paperwork from the dealer but have not paid off the loan.
Did you go through the buyback process with the dealer you purchased the car from? Can you surrender the car to any Ford dealer?

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Here is what someone posted under one of my videos of the engine knock.

Did you go through the buyback process with the dealer you purchased the car from? Can you surrender the car to any Ford dealer?
No I went through a different dealer. Yes you can surrender to any Ford dealer.

I’ll bet that person that replied had a November build date.

Sponsored

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I'm at 1370 miles. I got my car back at 1175 miles. Since last week I've been whooping on my car. Using launch control, high RPM shifts, power shifts, going 110+MPH. I actually just discovered the shift light lol.

If anything my rattle is getting worse. My shift grind has only happened once in all this hot dogging. There's a couple dealers around here known for having good Mustang tech's. My car is stock but one of the dealers will work on a car even with a tune and bolt ons. I can pretty much hear it at almost any low RPM. Honestly if it blows it would just make it easier for a buy back since there's no long blocks available yet according to someone here on the forum.

For some reason I think I'd still take another Mustang. This car is alot of fun.
My noise was getting worse. At 2K miles its louder than it was at 1700. For bolt ons and tunes it depends on the situation. If you are in a turbo application it will hurt you more than a N/A application.
If you had your car for 20K miles and an issue didn't arise until after you modded you may be in trouble.
For the most part Mustangs are meant to be modded. They are meant to be driven fast. They are meant to do burnouts. They are meant to be fun.

And warranties are meant to cover you from faulty parts. Our engines are faulty. :frusty:

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Seeing this video confirms that I do not want a 2018 Mustang anymore.
It's a first year for the newer engine layout. Don't let it get you too discouraged. Many of us still have no issues.

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
It's a first year for the newer engine layout. Don't let it get you too discouraged. Many of us still have no issues.
Which is why i said "2018" Mustang lol. That 2019 looks mighty fine. :headbang:

MVFJET - The sound is identical to mine. I am sure its louder in person right? The video doesn't do a good job on picking up the sound.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie

Here's my YouTube engine rattle video.
YUP! This is definitely the same rattle I had. Ugh, I cringe everytime I hear it.

Sponsored

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
We should all have a reunion and call it the "metoo movement"

Just saw a guy with a 2018 and I said good luck with the motor man. He was like "what are you a camaro guy". I replied - We will see.... and walked away.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
It's really not the engine rattle that is the problem. The problems are:

1. Dealers lying and saying the rattle is "normal"
2. Ford's shitty customer service and providing no help whatsoever
3. Backorder on parts that have known issues or other parts (like head bolts) that are also on backorder that delay repairs.

If Ford had their act together, I would have not really been concerned about the rattle because in that scenario, I would know it would get taken care of in a timely manner. No harm, no foul.

People with no issues are saying we are all gloom and doom. It is Ford that is causing the aggravation.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
We should all have a reunion and call it the "metoo movement"

Just saw a guy with a 2018 and I said good luck with the motor man. He was like "what are you a camaro guy". I replied - We will see.... and walked away.
LOL #shortblockonly

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
I have found the fix for my rattle. '18 1SS Hyper Blue metallic
6MT, w/NPP exhaust, black wheels w/SS center caps and black bow-ties. Just brought her home.:love::D Not my car, but about same set-up.
ss15.jpg

ss27.jpg

Last edited:

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I have found the fix for my rattle. '18 1SS Hyper Blue metallic
6MT, w/NPP exhaust, black wheels w/SS center caps and black bow-ties. Just brought her home.:love::D Not my car, but exactly the same.
ss15.jpg

ss27.jpg
You are literally Hitler right now :lol:

I just saw a red camaro that looked super nice. Not sure what it is but the newer ones look nice. I think ill be going to dodge though. I hear they have this thing called a hellcat. You may have heard of it. :thumbsup:

Or i might just get a beater car and buy more guns and video games:shrug:
Sponsored