Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Does anyone know if the color can be changed once a VIN is generated and a build date is scheduled. My salesman ordered the wrong color and I just found out today when I looked my build up in COTUS. I stopped by the dealer today and he was going to look into it but said they will probably have to re order car which will probably push build date out much further, especially with magne ride option.
I believe you'll have to order again. If you're set on the color, then it's worth the wait. But, how did the sales person screw that up?!?! My sales guy gave me a printout with all of the order details while I was in his office. He printed it out within a minute after entering the order. Maybe they gave you the wrong VIN or order info?
Sponsored

RedFireTerminator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Ford Escape
I believe you'll have to order again. If you're set on the color, then it's worth the wait. But, how did the sales person screw that up?!?! My sales guy gave me a printout with all of the order details while I was in his office. He printed it out within a minute after entering the order. Maybe they gave you the wrong VIN or order info?
Actually they were able to change it. I did have the printout with the correct color on it and I showed him. He knew he screwed up. I think he got confused when I sent him an email saying I wanted to change my interior color from showstopper red to ebony. I'm actually really surprised they were able to change it and keep same VIN. Build date and expected delivery date have not changed. Guess I got lucky.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Actually they were able to change it. I did have the printout with the correct color on it and I showed him. He knew he screwed up. I think he got confused when I sent him an email saying I wanted to change my interior color from showstopper red to ebony. I'm actually really surprised they were able to change it and keep same VIN. Build date and expected delivery date have not changed. Guess I got lucky.
Well, that's great news and now you have a nickname for your 'Stang!

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
Just got my "Completed On:" date for the "In Order Processing". It's exactly one week after yours Brett, 06.20.18. We'll have to see if which vehicle arrives first. I'm only 2,200 km away from the plant but there is less rail-traffic in the second half of my direction, while you are perhaps 4,200 km away but with more traffic.

I will be riding my bike past there on July 10th and July 16/17. Perhaps I could pick it up at the factory, install a trailer hitch and tow the bike home. I know sacrilege to some who don't actually use their cars, but I've put hitches on an M3, etc. What else do you use for your competition tires if you aren't towing the car itself? ;-)

Nice.. Enjoy....I'm still working for a few more years. The Bullitt is my pre-retirement present, and then there is a motorcycle waiting for when I leave the LM and retire in the Okanagan.
I've actually not retired yet, just have good flexibility in my work, have slowed my workload (not building my business anymore) and can do some of it while I'm on the road.

Sponsored

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
I will be riding my bike past there on July 10th and July 16/17. Perhaps I could pick it up at the factory, install a trailer hitch and tow the bike home.
So how do you actually schedule to pick it up from the factory? I'm about 500 miles away in TN and that wouldn't be hard to do, plus very cool if I could even see ours come off the production line. And then there's the question - would the $900/$990 delivery charge be waived?! :D

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
No idea if Ford does, or can do, that. Sure would be nice. IIRC, Chevy has it for Corvettes. Most of the European manufacturers and Volvo, also have it. I've visited the old SVT Headquarters in the past, but that's it.

Pretty sure you'd still get nailed with the "delivery" charge but would be nice if you could avoid it. It's almost twice as much in Canada at $1,750-Cdn. Over 32% more even after the exchange rate.

M2C3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP 401a Manual
My build date has moved up two weeks to 7/26 per Ford Performance! COTUS did have a EDD of 8/14 but that was removed shortly after going live.

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Anyone seen an update from cotus yet saying the car has finished production? I know some of them had blend dates of 6/21.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ford doesn't have a factory delivery option. I wish they did. No COTUS update yet on mine. Those with early cars, remember that they won't leave the plant until "OK to buy" is achieved for the 2019 model year, which is a certain amount of error-free cars in a row IIRC. So don't be surprised if our early cars sit at the plant for a week or two before they start moving.

Sponsored

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
2019 GT, Performance Pack, 301A, Automatic Transmission, Orange Fury Metallic, Active Exhaust. Ordered Today 6/21/2018.

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
My car exists. It's moved to awaiting shipment. :)

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Anyone who ordered the PP2 get build dates yet? I am going to order today with the hopes I get the car in late Sept. Although I wouldn't be upset about sooner than that I will just have my truck paid off at that time and have a little more of a down payment if it does hold out for almost 90 days.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2