Sponsored

Convertibles- ANY UPDATES ?

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
Anyone heard anything about what's happening with production for the convertibles ? There are a number of rumours doing the round and I reckon we need a seperate thread for the convertible
Sponsored

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have an idea of how many convertibles have been preordered ?

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Only Ford Australia would know that unfortunately.

From what I can gather convertibles arrive 2 months after the fastbacks. Unsure of why however.

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes...I have heard the 2 months issue too. From what I have researched it could be down to one of two issue..
The first being them not managing to get homologation around the seatbelts...no convertibles have hit or have gone into production for Europe till date.
And the second seems to be issues around the availability of the soft top roofs. Once again I dont know what is real and what is fiction...

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I was under the impression it was the second reason

Sponsored

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Much time has passed, I am older...albiet not much wiser and am still holding out and believing the car will show up some day !

In the meantime I thought I'd check if anyone had received sight of their "Window Stickers", I'd love to see what it lists out and how it compares with the fastback window stickers that we have seen detailed in other posts.

Anyone ?

GTCONVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Convertible (24th June 2016)
I have a convertible on order and got my "Welcome" email on 1st September but heard nothing since. Dealer has no update but did say there will be one here in January to have a look at. I signed contract on 05/03/15 if it makes any bearing to your pre-order date.

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
I also got a "Welcome" e-mail 1-Sep, today I got a VIN number from my Dealer and VISTA says December Build as the status. VIN does show a record in ETIS but has a build date of 30.11.0002 so some progress finally!

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I asked my dealer (because I was umming and arring about getting a Fastback) if there would be any delay for 'vert over fastback and he specifically said 'no'.

Then again, my ETA is May/June, so issues may have been worked out by then.

I also mentioned I wanted a manual 'vert, and he said 3 others at the dealer had mentioned the same, so I figure there's at least a couple that stuck with a 'vert rather than going manual fastback :)

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a convertible on order and got my "Welcome" email on 1st September but heard nothing since. Dealer has no update but did say there will be one here in January to have a look at. I signed contract on 05/03/15 if it makes any bearing to your pre-order date.
I signed my contract end of Feb...so not too far off from your date.

Vista had, a couple of weeks back, given me a build date (segmentation date) of 11th of Nov, however that now seems to have slipped to the 30th of Nov :( I do, like most of us now, have a VIN number and an ETA of Feb.

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Much time has passed, I am older...albiet not much wiser and am still holding out and believing the car will show up some day !

In the meantime I thought I'd check if anyone had received sight of their "Window Stickers", I'd love to see what it lists out and how it compares with the fastback window stickers that we have seen detailed in other posts.

Anyone ?
Ivonovi, OzStangfan has posted his vert window sticker on post number 135 of the Australian Window Stickers-online thread.....it is currently next to this thread......

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One interesting observation is that we get split rear seats, which i believe the convertibles in the US did not get

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Looking on the WWL tracking site it looks like there were just over 30 convertibles loaded onto the Parsifal and it looks like there are 8 booked on the Fidelio at the moment.

Looking up the VINs the majority of the convertibles on the Parsifal have August build dates, with a couple of Sept built cars. All the convertibles booked on the Fidelio have October build dates.

Reactions: ssb

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
38 'verts in Au coming soon? Nice!

I'm hoping a few of those get to the dealers so I can check one out in the flesh...
Well other than 'miring from outside when I saw them parked in Hawaii :)
[MENTION=14744]ivonovi[/MENTION] what colour did you order?

OP
OP

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=14744]ivonovi[/MENTION] what colour did you order?[/QUOTE]

It's my midlife crisis car so .... Red!
Sponsored

Reactions: ssb