OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
Yes. E85 with the expected 85% ethanol will have a stoich of 9.8 and that value goes up as the alcohol percentage lessens. Throughout the year the actual amount of ethanol in the E85 you get at the pump will change with the season. You will find it will be from ~85% all the way to ~50% ethanol depending the season and where you live.
thank you for that, appreciate all the input everyone. Just disappointed with the results of this dyno, numbers don't sit right with me. Guys on regular pump gas are making more power than me. We'll see what my tuner says after looking at logs and dyno. Thanks again
Sponsored

JFox86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange 5.0
Once you add LT's to this set up you will really feel it. For your current set up those numbers aren't bad. LT's really compliment a manifold swap. Is your tuner local or one of the known tuners to 5.0 community?

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once you add LT's to this set up you will really feel it. For your current set up those numbers aren't bad. LT's really compliment a manifold swap. Is your tuner local or one of the known tuners to 5.0 community?
did you you dyno before the long tubes, or all at once? What did you pull with the manifold only if so? It's not that I don't feel the improvement, trust me I do. Just don't like the idea of leaving power on the table. I can't be happy with those numbers unless I know that's just how my car responds to the mods with everything in good working order

Sponsored

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/IMG]

this is stock manifold vs gt350 manifold, same tuner, e85 flex/jlt cai. GTR Performance is not who does my tuning, just where I get my dyno's done. I don't want to give anyone a bad rap, love my tuner just trying to figure out why my car responded the way it did. Picking your brains while I wait for monday to hear from my tuner

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hopefully someone can fix that last pic for me, sorry can't seem to post them right

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
hopefully someone can fix that last pic for me, sorry can't seem to post them right
LINK

Some reason when I try to insert it, nothing shows in the post, probably same issue you have.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
How are the charge control valves or variable runners however you want to call them, setup?

Sponsored
OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Charge motion control valves (CMCV). He was wondering if your tune disabled it. If it did, then you need to wire them open.

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charge motion control valves (CMCV). He was wondering if your tune disabled it. If it did, then you need to wire them open.
right on, that's all handled by my tuner. No mention of disabling anything

OP
OP
magneticgrey_manstick

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So...I was pretty upset and annoyed when I posted all this. Spoke with my tuner, after I chilled out and really took in what I was told, I ended up apologizing for getting on his case like I did. I wasn't considering things like SAE vs STD numbers, flex fuel timing vs dedicated e85 timing and so on. My previous dyno's were done on my flex tune so I wanted to see gains as is on the flex tune with the new manifold. I'm not all that happy with the numbers on the flex fuel but I should get much closer to what I was expecting with the dedicated e85 tune. I haven't loaded the dedicated e85 tune to the car much because I've kept putting off getting a fuel tester for the e85. American Racing headers should be going on next weekend, i'll post up numbers with those and the dedicated e85 tune that week or the next, for those who are interested

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Over and over again not using a REPUTABLE tuner who knows fords specifically coyotes and how to manipulate the VCT is asking to be let down.

Geezus dont you live in CA you should be. calling Shaun from AED or someone hell i think youd be better off with a remote tune right now.

Do you have an SCT or NGauge or HPtuner or anything?

Also who is doing the current tunes? I dont really care to know but is this the 1st S550 in their shop?
Sponsored